billyb_imp

Billy

Playing a bit of catch up.

When I saw the first plan for the platforms I was worried about clearances, but, Jason, Andy and Ray all beat me to the comments / suggestions I was going to make.

Looking forward to seeing the station progress.

Duncan

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update

No problems & not giving up, just very busy at work, year end, as usual government bodies have to spend as much money as they can lay their hands on and my employer wants that cash, so my workload running individual projects goes up with little time for anything else.

Roll on the end of the month, I will then find time to return to Sheddington & the forum.

Once I get back I have platforms & engine shed to scratch build, I have most of the materials ready to go, just no time.

Nice to have you back Billy.

I fully understand that last minute spending as I used to get that opportunity when I was in work and it can keep you busy.

I look forward to seeing you getting started again.

• 2 weeks later...

Big access problems at Sheddington, over the past six months or so I have had several attempts at trying to install my point motors to the underside of the baseboards but I just can't get the access I need.  :scratchhead:

The problem being that the baseboards were not made specifically for a model railway, they were built as a workbench and cupboard space and built in a way that they are earthquake proof.  :declare:

Maybe if I can find a midget contortionist with an interest in model railways  :no:

Big access problems at Sheddington, over the past six months or so I have had several attempts at trying to install my point motors to the underside of the baseboards but I just can't get the access I need.  :scratchhead:

The problem being that the baseboards were not made specifically for a model railway, they were built as a workbench and cupboard space and built in a way that they are earthquake proof.  :declare:

Maybe if I can find a midget contortionist with an interest in model railways  :no:

Billy, I know its NOT PROTOTYPICAL but have you looked into above baseboard Motors, either Peco or Slow Motion Servos as we do with our O Gauge at the club, mount them in buildings and use a wire in tube above the baseboard to work them.

I know many on here will frown DEEPLY at this advice but its better than either a bugge*ed back or none at all.

Bodge :sungum:

Billy, I know its NOT PROTOTYPICAL but have you looked into above baseboard Motors, either Peco or Slow Motion Servos as we do with our O Gauge at the club, mount them in buildings and use a wire in tube above the baseboard to work them.

I know many on here will frown DEEPLY at this advice but its better than either a bugge*ed back or none at all.

Bodge :sungum:

Andy

I was already going to use the peco surface mounted in the non scenic / fiddle yard areas but don't really want them everywhere, :no:

I am seriously considering giving up down the shed & starting all over in the spare bedroom in N gauge. Less room but good access and a blank canvas.  :declare:

Andy

I was already going to use the peco surface mounted in the non scenic / fiddle yard areas but don't really want them everywhere, :no:

I am seriously considering giving up down the shed & starting all over in the spare bedroom in N gauge. Less room but good access and a blank canvas.  :declare:

EEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bodge, (been there, remember Glenfinick, done that and invented the ruddy Tee Shirt) :no: :no: :no: :no:

Archived