billyb_imp

Billy, an important point has arisen!

I've tried zooming in on the picture, but I can't tell, so please can you confirm what type of biscuits these are?

Your trackwork is looking good, and I like the plans you have very much, here's wishing you all the best and I hope you get chance to do more this year.

Al.

Al, they are McVities double chocolate and very vice they were to  :no:

I've got caramel digestives for this afternoons coffee break, its all about planning ahead  :boast:

I've had a trip to my local Model Railway shop today DigiTrains near Lincoln for a pack of flexitrack managed to get in & out with only the flexitrack but it was a close thing, I could oh so easily have come out with something I didn't really need  :no:

So plenty of track now but no time until the weekend, maybe a bit more soldering during the evenings until then  :scratchhead:

Nice choice of bickies Billy, layout looks good too by the way.hhaha

Bodgit :sungum:

I seem to have got my enthusiasm back, must have something to do with feeling better health wise and of course the banter in the land of the Lunesters is a big help.

Billy

It seems that most of the Lunesters have got their enthusiasm back. Just a pity that a couple of them haven't got anywhere to exercise it at the moment.

Looking forward to the updates.

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

Billy

It seems that most of the Lunesters have got their enthusiasm back. Just a pity that a couple of them haven't got anywhere to exercise it at the moment.

Looking forward to the updates.

Duncan

Very, very true, Duncan.

Billy, it'll be good to see some updated photos. If you've changed the track plan from last year - hope not, as it took you ages to mull over - post that as well. We all love to look at what others are doing, especially those of us with the itch to lay track but currently nowhere to lay it!

Jeff

Very, very true, Duncan.

Billy, it'll be good to see some updated photos. If you've changed the track plan from last year - hope not, as it took you ages to mull over - post that as well. We all love to look at what others are doing, especially those of us with the itch to lay track but currently nowhere to lay it!

Jeff

Jeff

It isn't changing that much, it is still basically the same in the station & maintenance area & things I am taking out such as quarry & full oval loop can go back in at a later date.

I am also moving my era slightly forward to late 70's early 80's & instead of running steam as the norm with some diesel, I will have an heritage / preservation area, that way i do not need to get to hooked up on an era, It allows me to run anything I want except for the most recent.

These small changes will make my overall plan more achievable, got to be able to walk before I can run

Today's efforts are being concentrated on building a Metcalf oo gauge engine shed, which is far more fiddly than I thought it would be, Margaret build the station, i'm even more impressed with her now.  :declare:

We have decided to go with the Metcalf building for several reasons, cost, speed of making (might change my mind yet) etc but would like in time to swap them out for scratch built having looked at Jason & Andy P's fine examples. :no:

Might have to scratch build the station platforms from the begging though because they are on a curve and I have put the track down before looking what was available pre built or kit build, oh well  :no:

So onwards, photo of completed shed later  :no:

DSC_0017_zps6ea76c63.jpg

So back down at Sheddington for an hour hopefully to get the roof placed on the engine shed.  :O

The photo below, shows a pile of wood and under that wood is the engine shed.  :declare:

The woods been placed delicately on top in the hope it will hold certain things in place until the glue drys   :no:

That's got to be more of a bodge than even bodge would do  :sungum:

I am going to sneak off now hopefully without disturbing it and when i come back the Sheddington fairies will have made it all right and it will be built like a brick ****** ***** (engine shed)  :locomotive:

DSC_0018_zpscd39b4d7.jpg

Hi Billy

Good to see you back in the shed and getting stuck in, don’t worry about covering stuff with wood etc you should see how mine look sometimes especially when using the dining table and some of Lindas ornaments are the closest weight to hand – oops. She just sighs, raises her eyebrows and leaves me to it.

Looking forward to more progress.

Hi Billy

Good to see you back in the shed and getting stuck in, don’t worry about covering stuff with wood etc you should see how mine look sometimes especially when using the dining table and some of Lindas ornaments are the closest weight to hand – oops. She just sighs, raises her eyebrows and leaves me to it.

Looking forward to more progress.

Hi Jim, good to hear from you again, seems like a long time since we met at Doncaster, are you going this year (next month)

• RMweb Premium

I haven't got any nails left, I used them all for fuses

Nice to know that humour is alive and well and living in Lincolnshire.

Nice shed - didn't spot it at first - thought you were scratchbuilding something from 3 x 1 and 3 x 2!!

Jeff

Hi Billy, the Engine Shed looks good, I still use the 6 inch nails for the roof, hahha

Coming on well mate.

Bodge :sungum:

I could do with some 6" nails for the roof of my LSWR station building. I'd run out of my usual solvent glue for the card kit so popped down to the local stationary supplier for some more but unknowingly picked up a tube of solvent free glue. After sticking the reinforcing panel to the roof it warped all over the place. Not sure if it's recoverable so will probably use Plasticard instead.

Nice shed Billy, like Andy say's more pictures please.

Archived