Brisbane Road...A New Pig Lane

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Don't do anything too hasty to Sheffield Exchange. I'm only half way through enjoying it.

All three up together? It must be quite a shed.

Alan

Hi Alan

All that will happen to Sheffield Exchange is it will be shuffled along the wall where it is at the moment. Brisbane Road is at the far end and I cannot readily get at the fiddle yard. In moving it to the other end of the man shed I will turn it 180 degrees so the fiddle yard is get at-able. Trouble is the man shed is 18 ft long, by just over 8 ft wide, Sheffield Exchange is 16 ft long and Brisbane road is 2 ft wide and 8ft long. Now do you see what I have to do to get them to fit, take out Brisbane Road, move Exchange* and then set Brisbane back up.

* along with all the cupboards and the tumble dryer that live under it.

Hi Alan

All that will happen to Sheffield Exchange is it will be shuffled along the wall where it is at the moment. Brisbane Road is at the far end and I cannot readily get at the fiddle yard. In moving it to the other end of the man shed I will turn it 180 degrees so the fiddle yard is get at-able. Trouble is the man shed is 18 ft long, by just over 8 ft wide, Sheffield Exchange is 16 ft long and Brisbane road is 2 ft wide and 8ft long. Now do you see what I have to do to get them to fit, take out Brisbane Road, move Exchange* and then set Brisbane back up.

* along with all the cupboards and the tumble dryer that live under it.

Clive, that's NOT a Shed or a Man Cave, that's a flippin Aircraft Hanger. :scratchhead:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

After recently moving Brisbane Road so that it could be operated it must have got extra excited because I have packed it up, it must think it is off to an exhibition. No it has been packed away so stuff that litters the house can be moved into the manshed so the estate agent can take some nice photos of the interior of the house. Not sure if it will be moving to our new place or not yet depends on the space I have in the new manshed.  It could well be up for re-homing.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

After recently moving Brisbane Road so that it could be operated it must have got extra excited because I have packed it up, it must think it is off to an exhibition. No it has been packed away so stuff that litters the house can be moved into the manshed so the estate agent can take some nice photos of the interior of the house. Not sure if it will be moving to our new place or not yet depends on the space I have in the new manshed.  It could well be up for re-homing.

Cor blimey, that year has flown past. Poor old Brisbane Road must think I don't love it any more. Well far form it, it has been saved from the council tip, unlike Sheffield Exchange Mk1 and Ranelagh Bridge. My mate Andy is going to give it a good home. 

The main reason for off loading donating it to Andy is when I move I will hopefully be too busy making Sheffield Exchange Mk2 to bother about Brisbane Road. 

Plus Andy will finish it, something I might never do.

• 9 months later...

Archived