Brisbane Road...A New Pig Lane

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold

Is it great when things that looked bad turnout good. I searched high and low for my copy of Diesel Depots, The Early Years (Irwell Press). I have just found it, in the conservatory (or small layout room) I had a pile of towels I use to dry my customer's dogs as it is now the wet season thought I better put them in the car. What was in the pile, close to where I needed it ......my book :imsohappy: :imsohappy:

Started to think how the bridge should look,

attachicon.gif001a.jpg

attachicon.gif002a.jpg

Hmmm, it doesn't look 100% plasticard, are you sure you built it? :scratchhead:

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Morning Clive, that looks very good, will the white building be a Cinema or Station entrance.

Andy. :sungum:

EDIT = What do you with wet Dogs? hahaha  we have a retired Greyound.

Hi Andy

The "White House" willl be the station building, it is based on Maryland on the GER.

As for the dogs http://www.waggietail.co.uk/index.htm it is my business. Greyhound's are such lovely pets.....until they see the neighbours cat and give chase. :nono:

Hi Andy

The "White House" willl be the station building, it is based on Maryland on the GER.

As for the dogs http://www.waggietail.co.uk/index.htm it is my business. Greyhound's are such lovely pets.....until they see the neighbours cat and give chase. :nono:

I wish I was nearer, it looks good, :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  We take our Greyhound over to the Trust once a month and She can have a run in the acre of paddock.

Andy :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Thank you everybody for your supportive and kind comments.

I hope the exhibition was good for those who did attend.

I spent yesterday sleeping most of the time, which has helped my recovery. It was when the dentist said "You'r only person to have to come back a second time who needed too", I guessed there was a problem. Now my doctor is involved and I need some blood test. :O

Walked past the layout today, there are a load of sad looking locos. "He got us out to clean our wheels so we could have a big day out......." :( :(

Thank you everybody for your supportive and kind comments.

I hope the exhibition was good for those who did attend.

I spent yesterday sleeping most of the time, which has helped my recovery. It was when the dentist said "You'r only person to have to come back a second time who needed too", I guessed there was a problem. Now my doctor is involved and I need some blood test. :O

Walked past the layout today, there are a load of sad looking locos. "He got us out to clean our wheels so we could have a big day out......." :( :(

Oh dear this time last year i think it was i went to the dentist for an extraction ended up looking like the elephant man with infections and an absyss and doctors and nhs walk in center visits! I feel for ya mate, teeth could have been better designed me thinks, hope your recovering bro, nothing like sleep to make ya feel better. the layout will be there waiting when you feel better!! 

Clive Mortimore, on 22 Sept 2013 - 13:37, said:

So Clive, you heard the locos actually talking amongst themselves? You must've been in a bad way.

Seriously; I hope you get better soon.

• RMweb Premium

I have had a week of just looking at the mess in the conservatory, no work on the layout this week. Good news I feel a lot better, blood results are "normal" and the dentist is happy it has healed.

I think tomorrow I wll have an operating session with the locos I chose for the Shenfield show.

• RMweb Gold

Another great looking depot layout by yourself, it was when I came across the link to Pig Lane that give me that kick up the backside to start one myself although not coming along as quickly as yours. Keep up the good work.

Paul

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Wow, a year has passed and tonight I had some stuff running on Brisbane Road ready for Saturday's show at Shenfield.

For those who are coming it is still a layout under construction, mainly because my MoJo stopped working each time I looked at it. With the scrapping of Hanging Hill I was able to salvage some bits which have been added to Brisbane Road.

See you on Saturday for those who are comming to Shenfield. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/calendar/event/1064-mid-essex-mrc/

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks Alan and Andy

It sits waiting to be used at the far end of the man shed. I am sure it is sulking because I spend all my time driving Sheffield Exchange. I have been very good and not used it as a storage table, the only things on it are the two boxes containing the rolling stock which has been dedicated to it.

The BIG plan is to move it back up the door end, shuffle Sheffield Exchange down, move the filing cabinets (full of drawing etc) down the far end and set Ranelagh Bridge up along the opposite wall to Exchange. Hopefully getting all three layouts operational.

Anyone got room for my store of timber that one day might be useful?

Archived