Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

I make it 63!  But does go to show that for the 15 square miles that The Lunester has hes going to need far more than 300!

I suppose he could model a foot and mouth outbreak and have a big funeral pyre instead...

BTW don't forget the tins of paint just inside the boundary fence, for the lengthman to mark up those sheep that have just been 'Tupped' (Used to happen in exchange for some 'appreaciation')

Andy g

• RMweb Premium

I make it 63!  But does go to show that for the 15 square miles that The Lunester has hes going to need far more than 300!

I suppose he could model a foot and mouth outbreak and have a big funeral pyre instead...

BTW don't forget the tins of paint just inside the boundary fence, for the lengthman to mark up those sheep that have just been 'Tupped' (Used to happen in exchange for some 'appreaciation')

Andy g

Ah!  That's 60 plus the 3 that got lost on the recount....

Numbers Lune   :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

I make it exactly 60, but judging whether 2 are standing side-by-side is sometimes difficult!

What is the world coming to when (supposedly) intelligent adults resort to scrutinising pictures of plastic sheep!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Andy g

Now that WOULD be a unique cameo! Bet nobody's thought of that one before. In poor taste, I suppose.

I could always forget about the 1960s and model the landscape of 1351. Then I could have scenes from The Black Death with funeral pyres.....

Btw, no m******s around in those days.....  :O  :jester:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Now that WOULD be a unique cameo! Bet nobody's thought of that one before. In poor taste, I suppose.

I could always forget about the 1960s and model the landscape of 1351. Then I could have scenes from The Black Death with funeral pyres.....

Btw, no m******s around in those days.....  :O  :jester:

Jeff

I would have thought that mutton with foot and mouth tastes the same as that without?

Poor taste? why? outbreaks happen, that's life. I still remember seeing the pyre at Brentwood in the last outbreak, It made me want bacon butties every time I went past......

No Whats those days??

Confused of Littleport

• RMweb Premium

It would save me buying quit so many sheep.

However, Lune Fell would look very boring without its cattle population.

Interesting comment Andy - I could cook bacon when I had visitors to the bunker to get them into the spirit of things!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Will people be modelling flooded main lines like happen this year I wonder?

If you could do the pyre acurrately, I don't see any reason not to do it. Can you get smoke units to do black smoke?

Andy G

(Mr Morbid to his friends)

• RMweb Premium

Hummm bacon............

Can you get the correct breed of sheep for the fell? I'd hate someone telling you that you had bought the wrong ones.....

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Will people be modelling flooded main lines like happen this year I wonder?

If you could do the pyre acurrately, I don't see any reason not to do it. Can you get smoke units to do black smoke?

Andy G

(Mr Morbid to his friends)

At this point, providing he reads the Lounge, James from Canada will contribute. He's the resident Lunester expert on smoke - see his comments on KL (I think - maybe the Lounge) on smoke units and class 28s.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

At the risk of being serious so far as I can see the grazing rate is about 5 to 10 sheep per acre .Obviously an upland pasture will be on the low side. SO for the 20 acres I estimated it would be 100 to 150 sheep. The heavier stocking rates are for paddock grazing where the animals are moved on when one paddock is eaten to the next. The total acerage is probably similar as there are always paddock regrowing. The uplands are more likely to be where they will spend long periods. Obviously they tend to stay in a group although somewhat spaced out.

Serious mode off

Thank you Bodgit for the insomnia avoidance scheme counting plastic sheep in a photobrilliant.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Hummm bacon............

Can you get the correct breed of sheep for the fell? I'd hate someone telling you that you had bought the wrong ones.....

Andy G

To be honest, if anyone wants to be that picky they can.......insert suitable expletives. Building any kind of layout can be difficult enough without some know-all butting in.

And, of course, these are the very people who've NEVER tried to build a layout in their lives!

You've given me something to think about here - though I don't think I'll model a pyre. Great thing about the Forum - tons of ideas floating around.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Don seems to have made excellent sense, I have to say when I did doing fell walking you didn't see vast amounts of sheep, and if Don is right (Closet sheep farmer Don?) it looks like you will be saving yourself a fortune!

Only 5 days left to get your half price sheep!

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

What you need Jeff is an Index to the threads you've started, would help to stop the confusion.....

Daft bugg8r over here.

Lol. The Index to KL has just been updated - but there is a limit to the minutiae that can be included...

Cheers Don, you've saved me some money there. I already have about 80 sheep - and if they're the wrong colour/religion/smell/meat content/Chernobyl radioactive taint/intelligence etc..... I couldn't care less.  :sungum:  :jester:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff but have you thought about whether you are going to have any in the pens on the dock, or in wagons? if you do you'll need lots more.

Andy G

Lol. The Index to KL has just been updated - but there is a limit to the minutiae that can be included...

Cheers Don, you've saved me some money there. I already have about 80 sheep - and if they're the wrong colour/religion/smell/meat content/Chernobyl radioactive taint/intelligence etc..... I couldn't care less:sungum:  :jester:

Jeff

What about horse? :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

Duncan

If you are right Jeff and we accept that there was ABOUT 60 sheep then HOW MANY SHEEP DROPPINGS WOULD YOU NEED?

you are the Mathamatision mate, you can work it out.

Back to the subject of Grass, the guy doing the demo was also using teddy bear fur as well.

Next Question, = How are you going to model the Gates, are you going to buy commercially available products , or make your own from match sticks?

Bodgit, I have no opinion here I AM SITTING ON THE FENCE :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Will it be a Cumbrian Single post Double Braced left handed Helix Gate , or the later Settle style Double Shutter Dual Braced right hinge lock?

Bodgit :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :imsohappy:

I must go elsewhere now to reak havoc :help:

Hi Jeff

Bit late coming in on this one but when we were thinking of running a small holding we were told 5 to 8 sheep per acre, if you had more than that they would strip the grass in a week, it could then take 2 weeks to regrow to last another week especially if it is slow growing. I don't think you need that many.

Jim

Archived