Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

What has happened to the Lunesters?

20 hours without a post.

Duncan - Disgusted Lune

Yep, I've been wondering the same. It's me and thee again - groundhog day - like last night...

I even had to put an "empty" post onto KL this afternoon to kick-start that thread.

I really don't know where everyone's gone. Insane?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Yes, and if you add in Andy, Bill, Michael, Billy and Jim - well, it doesn't leave many of us!

Oh well, never mind the quantity...there's quality in small numbers.

How was work today - dare I ask?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

:bye:

I see it's been quiet again.  Being a nuisance on had a wander round rmweb....but back here now....

You may want to R U N for cover.......... while you've got the chance....  :crazy:

I have a weekend of commitments so peace and quiet may reign on here for a few days  :laugh: .

Yes, and if you add in Andy, Bill, Michael, Billy and Jim - well, it doesn't leave many of us!

Jeff

Watch it Jeff, questions like this may attract the attention of the moderators....

Now, if you mean on our layouts, that's a different matter.....but in my case - not a lot going on, enjoying everyone else's masterpieces too much.  :D

Polly

Peace loving Lune

Evening all, 

a bit of a busy day today with wife's appointments and after affects so a pre-occupied with other things.

I may be a bit quiet for a few days again depending on how things go but will make time if I can.

Good to see you back Billy.

Jim

Jeff

Mundane, tedious and mind numbingly boring again. But it did give me a lot of time to consider Oxted Park and the future project.

Duncan

Edited for spelling again. Bottom of the class for me D-

• RMweb Premium

Mundane, tesious and mind numbingly boring again. But it did give me a lot of time to consider Oxted Park and the future project.

Duncan

And hopefully they'll pay you some money for the privilege!!

Great to see a fine collection of Lunesters on here again. Hope things go ok, Jim - then you'll have chance to listen to all that Rush I sent you...

Welcome back Billy - and Polly, don't worry about the mods. I don't think they ever (overtly) step into Lunester territory for fear of contagion!

Wonder where Bodgit's got to? He's probably actually doing some modelling - maybe we should follow his example!!

Jeff

And hopefully they'll pay you some money for the privilege!!

Great to see a fine collection of Lunesters on here again. Hope things go ok, Jim - then you'll have chance to listen to all that Rush I sent you...

Welcome back Billy - and Polly, don't worry about the mods. I don't think they ever (overtly) step into Lunester territory for fear of contagion!

Wonder where Bodgit's got to? He's probably actually doing some modelling - maybe we should follow his example!!

Jeff

Jeff

I am getting some money for the privilege. :sungum:  Minimum wage though. :O  Oh well, better than nothing. :sungum:

The lounge seems to be waking up later each day. Don't know why

Again, welcome back Billy.

I think the Baron is trying to live up to the playboy image, :nono:  :O  :scared:

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

I've just noticed that the Baron isn't even on the top 20 posters table. NOW I AM WORRIED :scared:  :O  :scared:  :O

It's Thursday. Andy will be down his modelling club, probably busy plastering.

That means we're in for a good swamping of Bodgit posts after 11pm!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Ok. Modelling.

I'm looking to get a sound chip for my West Coast Railways Class 33 Lucky Jim Martin.

It will be Lucky if I get one.  :jester:  I'll keep you posted.....

Never thought I'd be into diesels, though, of any description. :O :o :O

Jeff

Duncan

It's not so busy!
Everyone else has gone to bed so we can keep at the top of the Leader Board on page 1 of the S&C / VNC lists so we can see who's posted.    :help:    :laugh: :whistle:

• RMweb Premium

I have had an insanely busy day at work today, although I did manage to build the second of my Cambrian LMS 5 plank wagon kits after it started to calm down (between 6 and 8:30pm). Anyone who thinks that working from home allows one to doss around should have a look at my calendar for today. Back to back meetings from 11:30 to 3:30 with me chairing two of them, the preparation for them, the follow-ups and then 40 change records to review (10 of which I had to reject and explain why). Tomorrow, no meetings but I am in the office up in London (reason below....) and have a lot of reports to do, as well as the usual crap and covering for two colleagues.

Anyway, th reason why I am in London tomorrow is because I am on BCB duty at Ally Pally, setting up tomorrow night and then operating on Saturday. So, anyone coming to Ally Pally on Saturdsy, come and say hello.

Yep, I've been wondering the same. It's me and thee again - groundhog day - like last night...

I even had to put an "empty" post onto KL this afternoon to kick-start that thread.

I really don't know where everyone's gone. Insane?

Jeff

SORRY GUYS AND POLLYESTER no posts as I have been busy and last night I was just too tired and couldn't be ass** :nono:

Tigbod :O

Jeff

I am getting some money for the privilege. :sungum:  Minimum wage though. :O  Oh well, better than nothing. :sungum:

Again, welcome back Billy.

I think the Baron is trying to live up to the playboy image, :nono:  :O  :scared:

Duncan

If you call talking my Mum to the optitions,(dam had 20 goes at spelling it so the glasses people ), then the Bank, then for a Coffee, then doing her shopping, living the Play Boy Lifestyle then I DON'T WANT IT.

I just want to play trains, hahhaheee

Bodgit :pilot: :pilot: :pilot:

I have had an insanely busy day at work today, although I did manage to build the second of my Cambrian LMS 5 plank wagon kits after it started to calm down (between 6 and 8:30pm). Anyone who thinks that working from home allows one to doss around should have a look at my calendar for today. Back to back meetings from 11:30 to 3:30 with me chairing two of them, the preparation for them, the follow-ups and then 40 change records to review (10 of which I had to reject and explain why). Tomorrow, no meetings but I am in the office up in London (reason below....) and have a lot of reports to do, as well as the usual crap and covering for two colleagues.

Anyway, th reason why I am in London tomorrow is because I am on BCB duty at Ally Pally, setting up tomorrow night and then operating on Saturday. So, anyone coming to Ally Pally on Saturdsy, come and say hello.

Have a good weekend Jason, I wish I was there,

Bodgit. :music: :music: :music:

Have a cracking weekend Jason.

I wish I could make Ally Pally but other commitments have got to come first.

Duncan

• RMweb Gold

I did post on RMweb yesterday probably on KL . I post things on there that should be here and vicky verka. I could bore you all with a running commentry on all the DIY I have been doing like half an hour hunting for the 19mm SDS drill in the shed.

I have been pondering on my proposed 2mm layout. It was intended to be a simple SR blt but chassis etches for the pannier the 45xx and a milled brass chassis for the Manor have rather shifted things. Now for the life of me I cannot think of a suitable example of SR and GWR sharing a small terminus. It was intended to be something small that could be set up in the lounge for a play operating session.

Don

• RMweb Premium

I did post on RMweb yesterday probably on KL . I post things on there that should be here and vicky verka. I could bore you all with a running commentry on all the DIY I have been doing like half an hour hunting for the 19mm SDS drill in the shed.

I have been pondering on my proposed 2mm layout. It was intended to be a simple SR blt but chassis etches for the pannier the 45xx and a milled brass chassis for the Manor have rather shifted things. Now for the life of me I cannot think of a suitable example of SR and GWR sharing a small terminus. It was intended to be something small that could be set up in the lounge for a play operating session.

Don

You could do GWR Launceston terminus with SR Launceston (through) running into fiddleyard behind and include the SR-GWR Emergency Spur.  Plans Page 96-97 Ilustrated history of the North Cornwall Railway, Irwell Press.  Looks interesting and plenty to include / edit out.

Good luck with finding something. 

Polly

• RMweb Premium

Planning a layout is great fun, but it can also be very frustrating. I think it took over 2 years to morph KL to the final version.

Problem is - once you've made your choice you are stuck with it - and if it wasn't quite what you wanted...

Having said that, it's better to at least be building something rather than sitting for years with no trains to play with carry out prototypical running sessions.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

If you call talking my Mum to the optitions,(dam had 20 goes at spelling it so the glasses people ), then the Bank, then for a Coffee, then doing her shopping, living the Play Boy Lifestyle then I DON'T WANT IT.

I just want to play trains, hahhaheee

Bodgit :pilot: :pilot: :pilot:

Optician, Andy. Don't worry, we all know what you mean!

The "I just want to play trains" is very clear in your attitude to building layouts. Good one!

Jeff

Optician, Andy. Don't worry, we all know what you mean!

The "I just want to play trains" is very clear in your attitude to building layouts. Good one!

Jeff

Re spelling, Our Granddaughter came home from school one day after my Wife had corrected the spelling mistakes in her essay, and said the TEACHER had said don't worry about spelling mistakes that doesn't mater. :O :no: :nono: :O :no: :nono:

Bitdog :sungum: ouch :stinker:

Re spelling, Our Granddaughter came home from school one day after my Wife had corrected the spelling mistakes in her essay, and said the TEACHER had said don't worry about spelling mistakes that doesn't mater. :O :no: :nono: :O :no: :nono:

A bit different from when I was a lad, whoever got the lowest score during a test had to stand in the corner with the 'dunces hat' on, it only happened to me once early on and I vowed never again and improved until I was at the top of the class.

All chores done for the day so sitting in the warm with a pile of Plasticard and starting on another model, Yes I did manage to get a few packets before the world shortage.

Right, no time to sit here chatting, construction work to do.

Jim

• RMweb Premium

A bit different from when I was a lad, whoever got the lowest score during a test had to stand in the corner with the 'dunces hat' on, it only happened to me once early on and I vowed never again and improved until I was at the top of the class.

All chores done for the day so sitting in the warm with a pile of Plasticard and starting on another model, Yes I did manage to get a few packets before the world shortage.

Right, no time to sit here chatting, construction work to do.

Jim

Yes Jim. Get on with it, man! And listen to Rush while you're working!

Jeff

Archived