Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

I knew I was in league with "creatures of insanity" and the last 2 photos go to prove it!

I've done nothing that exciting - apart, maybe, from scree climbing in the Lake District. That only entails rapid movement if you fall....  :O

Jeff

I've done a bit of scree running, I once photographed my son setting off, put the camera away in the rucksack, put it on my back and ran downhill, I got to the bottom in plenty of time to get the camera out again and get some more snaps of son still coming down.

Apart from that I do not live dangerously at all.

Discs in post Jeff, should be with you Saturday.

Jim 

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jim. Will listen appreciatively!

Last scree running I did was on the north side of Great Gable, adjoining Kirk Fell, and down "Little Narrowcove" - between Scafell and Great End. The practice is frowned upon as it enhances erosion - so they say.... It's brilliant fun. Exhilarating.

Quiet on the forum at the mo - hope it's got its Driver Errors etc sorted. It will no doubt go crazy this evening - especially if Andy gets going!

Jeff

Now I see what you mean. :no: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Now re your Mountain Bike pick, that is great, love it, our Motorcycle Club had a pushbike race and Trials like that every Christmas, truly great fun, and as with the engined verity, the jumps are the best bits, the bigger the better for me.

OUCH, fallen off again. :nono:

Bodgit :sungum: :stinker:

• RMweb Premium

It's basically running down a loose, steep stony surface Andy. It is called Scree because that is the noise you make when you fall over and take all the skin off your ar$e

It's basically running down a loose, steep stony surface Andy. It is called Scree because that is the noise you make when you fall over and take all the skin off your ar$e

Sounds like fun, can OAP's have a dispensation and just WATCH and LAUGH, sorry :no: :nono: :no: :nono: :stinker: .

Banned Bodgit :O :o :O :triniti:

• RMweb Premium

That last signature implies you've been banned? What will we do without your humour, Andy?

Most of us are too old to be getting up to dodgy activities these days.

Stick to your flock, wax and static vegetation gun, Andy!!  :O

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Like the bike Andy. I used to have a motorbike and sidecar which was fun. Mind you I started young when I was about 6 or 7 I used to stand up in my dad's sidecar with my head out of the roof wearing a pair of googles.

Don

Like the bike Andy. I used to have a motorbike and sidecar which was fun. Mind you I started young when I was about 6 or 7 I used to stand up in my dad's sidecar with my head out of the roof wearing a pair of googles.

Don

Elfs and safetee wouldn't allow that these daze. :nono: :nono:

Bogshite the Unbreakable :no: :no: :no: :no:

Edit Pi** Poor speeeeelin again :stinker:

• RMweb Gold

When I was at secondary school in the 60/70s they told us we would have so much leisure time in future, (ha ha)that they took us on activity afternoons on Wednesdays in fourth form to give us some ideas with what we could do with all that spare time, ice skating, target shooting to name but two. One of the afternoons was spent in Dovedale and we were actually taught how scree run, great fun, but as Andy says imagine the elf and safety issues today.

• RMweb Premium

Wait until you retire, Jonathan. Plenty of "spare" time then, though I won't call it spare as there is so much to fill it.

How do you think Bodgit manages to do so much? He makes my efforts seem pedestrian!!

A good example of incorrect future-guessing was the TV series UFO - a Gerry Anderson job. Made in 1970, it was set in 1980 - supposed to be quite futuristic.... Instead we had mass unemployment, riots and social strife. Utopia indeed.

Ok, I'm just off for a couple of days to my second home in Clavius VI on the Moon.....  :O  :O

Jeff

Wait until you retire, Jonathan. Plenty of "spare" time then, though I won't call it spare as there is so much to fill it.

How do you think Bodgit manages to do so much? He makes my efforts seem pedestrian!!

Ok, I'm just off for a couple of days to mu second home in Clavius VI on the Moon.....  :O  :O

Jeff

Is that to study the rocks and White Plaster Moon Grass :O :no: .

Bodgit the Martian :sungum: :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Bodgit the Martian :sungum: :sungum:

Andy, the great thing about living on the moon is that there's NO wind (apart from the Solar wind - streams of high energy electrons and protons), NO grass and sunshine for 14 days solid at a time (unless you live in a deep crater).

And if you move to the lunar far side, you are immune to all the Earth's radio/TV etc chatter.... peace and quiet!!

Jeff

Andy, the great thing about living on the moon is that there's NO wind (apart from the Solar wind - streams of high energy electrons and protons), NO grass and sunshine for 14 days solid at a time (unless you live in a deep crater).

And if you move to the lunar far side, you are immune to all the Earth's radio/TV etc chatter.... peace and quiet!!

Jeff

One problem with that. No hiilarious espisodes either started or contributed to by Bodgit Lune :O

• RMweb Premium

One problem with that. No hiilarious espisodes either started or contributed to by Bodgit Lune :O

True. In that case I'd place a satellite into a lunar polar orbit and as it swept over me I'd relay my messages and get updates.

I'd be the only one with the on-off switch, so as soon as I'd got up-to-date/couldn't take any more laughter I'd switch it off.

Jeff

Archived