Süd Harz in 1:22 scale

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Yes, provisionally sold to be turned into Drei Annen Hohne(ish).

Layout performed well, operators ok ;)

Did you make yourself known John? Talked to loads of people about G scale and the Harz so a really fun weekend.

Unfortunately not. New member but have followed your progress with the layout

Liked the way trains don't go round and round like so many g scale layouts

Looks about the minimum size with which to do this. This will have some bearing on my new layout

What is the overall size of Harz Sud?

• RMweb Gold

You are tempting me too much!

I still remember our first few trips to the area back in 1989 and1991 with everything snow covered and few tourists. On our first trip it was just two of us plus a West German enthusiast standing on the veranda in the cold. No no else in our coach.

• RMweb Premium

I like your station building, did you find any scale drawings to use for it? The reason for asking is that I've now started on my indoor G-scale layout which will have a Harz flavour. Most of the buildings I have are plastic kits that had been outside for 10 years and are not in the best of condition, nor of Harz design. So I'm thinking of making new buildings based on HSB examples.

• RMweb Gold

Yes there are scale drawings of Brunnensbach and Braunlage in this book. Note though that the styles vary quite a lot so search photos of xxxx Bahnhof for the stops and you might find one in the style of your kits!

I'll check some of my other books tomorrow and see whether I have any of the main system as drawings. I know I have Stoberhai but that's also Süd Harz ;)

It pops up on German eBay fairly regularly for around £15 and although all black and white full of good reference photos.

post-6968-0-76672400-1449010804.jpg

• PaulRhB changed the title to Süd Harz in 1:22 scale

Archived