The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RIP Richard Briers

Rugd1022

• RMweb Gold

Sad news to hear of his passing.

He was always one of my favourite character actors, from 'Marriage Lines' in the 60s  and 'The Good Life' in the 70s. as the star of 'Ever Decreasing Circles' who suffered from what is now known as OCD and 'Monarch of the Glen'

A great Shakespearean actor as well.

post-6728-0-28128900-1361195511.jpg

Listening to the obituaries on the radio he was a much loved character in 'the business'.

• RMweb Premium

I just read this on BBC News website. I always admired his role as Tom Good in 'The Good Life', and loved his narration of 'Rhubarb and Custard'.

RIP Richard, and well done on a good life.

When my brother was campaigning for a knighthood for Eric Sykes (ultimately unsuccessfully, alas), Richard Briers was one of the big names from the entertainment profession who gave support. Our sister took a phone call from Briers on one occasion and the long conversation that followed left her with an enduring and happy memory of a generous and witty man.

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

and in one of those curious co-incidences that life throws up - less than 2 weeks after Richard Briers,  the creator of "Roobarb N Custard" - the genius Bob Godfrey has died too............................

DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAA DA DA DA DA,

DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........

Archived