ABERCYNON (FACH)

BRIAN T

How the hell have I missed this! Plenty of others have said what I'm thinking but I'll say it anyhow - superb.What the story behind the 94XX - kit, Lima, ???CheersStu

Hi

It's a Wills Finecast whitemetal kit on a Bachmann pannier chassis,I,m in the middle of building a second one

Thanks

Brian

And size isn't everything !

(The best things come in small packages)

Brian R

When I,m asked the dimensions of the layout in future I'm going to say it's the width of 3 large older human beings.

Brian always takes the best side of me

• Like 1

We Turks are masters of understatement..

Just one question- what's the yellow-coated figure at the top of the retaining wall doing? I can't decide if he's sitting on the telegraph cable or indulging in some form of exhibitionism...

Can't you see the Practika 35mm camera at waist height.....shame on you.

• 5 weeks later...

How the hell have I missed this! Plenty of others have said what I'm thinking but I'll say it anyhow - superb.What the story behind the 94XX - kit, Lima, ???CheersStu

sorry very late reply,the 94xx tank is a wills kit on a Bachmann 87xx chassis and sound fitted

Regards

Brian

• 5 months later...

Hello Brian

I just found this thread, fantastic modelling of a scene I can't quite remember. I was born in Merthyr, but, we lived in a flat behind the TUF shoe shop in Abercynon where my dad was the manager and he used to take me for walks most days to the shed. Anymore exhibition appearances in the near future?

Ian

Hi Brian

How do you find the atlas turntable to use in the fiddle yard? Also is the fiddle yard a separate board or in 1 piece?

Scott

Hi Scott

Plenty on Ebay -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181401818662?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

or you could try Guagemaster who do some Atlas HO.

Regards

Ian

Hi Brian

How do you find the atlas turntable to use in the fiddle yard? Also is the fiddle yard a separate board or in 1 piece?

Scott

hi

The turntable has a simple handcrank and works fine as long as the tracks are level and spot on in line.

It is located on the same board as the scenic section.

Hope this answers your question

Regards

• 3 months later...

With this wonderful September weather  , I took the opportunity to Take my 2 portable layouts Abercynon Fach and Moose Creek out into the garden for a photo session in some wonderful daylight conditions,

Quite a few of the locos don,t quite belong at Abercynon Fach ,but it does not really bother me as its my layout ......ha ha.

This upload is very photo intensive so i hope you enjoy.

Moose Creek ( for those into the Canadian scene is on its own thread.

post-7300-0-61028100-1410254168_thumb.jpg

D845 SPRIGHTLY in the one off warning livery when BR was experimenting in front warning panels

post-7300-0-77443900-1410254312_thumb.jpg

D810 COCKADE the last Disc Headcode Warship with Yellow warning panel stands on the Van road

post-7300-0-99777100-1410254481_thumb.jpg

post-7300-0-38197600-1410254594_thumb.jpg

post-7300-0-70327900-1410254722_thumb.jpg

post-7300-0-99976700-1410254802_thumb.jpg

post-7300-0-99915200-1410254902_thumb.jpg

More to upload soon

• Like 17

Lovely, loving the warships I'm Going to do Sprightly just like that in 7mm and a disc version but my chosen loco will be Dragon.

Really nice pictures, it's quite nice in South Wales Today

Hi Steve ,thanks,I've been waiting to do these conversions for quite a while, good luck with yours and really enjoyed your layout in MR.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

Splendid photos. There's nothing like natural light to bring out the best in a layout.

Rob.

Here are some more shots from this weeks outdoor photo session

attachicon.gifDSCN2931 (1024x707).jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN2923 (1024x768).jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN2924 (1024x588).jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN2932 (1024x718).jpg

Hi Brian

this is fantastic, great photography, and very atmospheric. Reminds me of the phrase, "Less is more".

I like your two 94xx models, are they the old Lima version or kit built ? Either way, they look very nice.

Regards, Chris

Hi Brian

this is fantastic, great photography, and very atmospheric. Reminds me of the phrase, "Less is more".

I like your two 94xx models, are they the old Lima version or kit built ? Either way, they look very nice.

Regards, Chris

Hi Chris ,

Thanks for your kind words.......

The 94xx s are Wills Finecast models on Bachmann pannier chassis, both are DCC, one is sound fitted

Regards

Brian