DCC Sound - is it just a novelty?

Jeff Smith

My problem is getting the sound synchronisation right with 7mm scale steam. Despite my persistent efforts, I always seem to fail. Is there any clear guidance on this?

Sound synch was important to me. Spent probably 4 or 5 hours playing with these connies. Ended up making some cams which were actually fitted to the tender wheels which just happen to be exactly 3/4 the circumference of the drivers. So 3 lobbed cams. Now very nice, they stick now an again which sounds like a random slip!

Tom

It's definitely possible to adjust all the sound settings on a Zimo decoder and "drive" the loco with a reasonable degree of realism. Paul Chetter has recently done some customised sound files for my 0-16.5 Talyllyn narrow gauge models. To say that I'm pleased with what he's done for me would be an understatement!

Cheers

Dave

"It's definitely possible to adjust all the sound settings on a Zimo decoder and "drive" the loco with a reasonable degree of realism. Paul Chetter has recently done some customised sound files for my 0-16.5 Talyllyn narrow gauge models. To say that I'm pleased with what he's done for me would be an understatement!"

Very Nice!

Archived