BRM Live - something COMPLETELY different!

SteveCole

• Administrators

Hi all,

I have great pleasure in announcing a completely new magazine concept called 'BRM Live' - the world's first, fully interactive railway modelling magazine!

We'll be previewing BRM Live at The London Festival of Railway Modelling this weekend so please come along to the BRM stand and ask for a demonstration. The magazine will then be launched in April.

So, what exactly is BRM Live?

It's a brand new, iPad-only magazine that includes a mass of interactivity to bring the articles to life. Expect:

• Products and layouts that you can move with your finger
  • The ability to touch a layout's key feature to find out more
  • Video interviews with layout creators
  • Video clips of layouts
  • Video clips of new products
  • Amazing photography
  • Sound

A few people were given a sneak preview at the Doncaster Show, but this weekend we'll be showing anyone who wants to take a closer look. It really is a stunning product and one that needs to be seen to be appreciated. I'll be uploading some images over the coming weeks and we'll create a preview video too.

If you're going to The London Festival of Railway Modelling, PLEASE visit the BRM Stand and ask for a demo!

Thanks,

Steve

• Administrators

Hi Ian,

That may come later. Unfortunately, to convert an interactive iPad magazine to Android isn't purely re-sizing the pages. It's almost re-designing the whole magazine. At the moment magazine sales (across the board) on Android devices is extremely low, hence this new title being iPad only for the time being.

We are always monitoring Android sales and when sales increase, we'll certainly look at producing BRM Live (and subsequent interactive titles) for the Android market as well.

Sorry.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

That may come later. Unfortunately, to convert an interactive iPad magazine to Android isn't purely re-sizing the pages. It's almost re-designing the whole magazine. At the moment magazine sales (across the board) on Android devices is extremely low, hence this new title being iPad only for the time being.

We are always monitoring Android sales and when sales increase, we'll certainly look at producing BRM Live (and subsequent interactive titles) for the Android market as well.

Sorry.

Steve

Thanks Steve

Yes,  do understand that its different operating system along with many different screen sizes on Android devises.

I do have an ipad so not a major problem but I do prefer the Android tablet and there are quite a few out there in the form of Kindles etc.hence the reason for raising this.

regards

Ian

Well Stevie. Your new magazine will truly be awesome for those modellers who possess an i-pad, but I don't have, and don't intend to acquire one. Think I'll be sticking to online fora and the odd exhibition for my modelling needs.

It's a marketing thing: innovators, early adopters right thro' to what marketeers call laggards. 

Be a laggard, say it loud and proud!

Seriously, my household is totally networked and predominantly Mac: iPhones, iPads, MacBook and one PC but only for Forex software reasons. But when it comes to the hobby I'm sorry but I lust after the weighty tomes of wisdom in paper magazine format. I believe it's more of a tangibility issue for me and I spend enough time looking at monitors as it is.

Oh and it's easier to keep the odd copy in the loo too!

Listening out...and packing for Ally Pally

• RMweb Gold

It's a marketing thing: innovators, early adopters right thro' to what marketeers call laggards. 

Be a laggard, say it loud and proud!

Seriously, my household is totally networked and predominantly Mac: iPhones, iPads, MacBook and one PC but only for Forex software reasons. But when it comes to the hobby I'm sorry but I lust after the weighty tomes of wisdom in paper magazine format. I believe it's more of a tangibility issue for me and I spend enough time looking at monitors as it is.

Oh and it's easier to keep the odd copy in the loo too!

Listening out...and packing for Ally Pally

I just keep a spare (cheapo)  tablet in the bathroom.

However not so handy when I forget to charge it!!

• RMweb Premium

It's a new development; an innovation. Innovations are not necessarily available to all initially but if they're successful their availability spreads. It's a starting point.

Excellent; I look forward to the day when I'm able to receive it on my wireless.

Personally I wouldn't touch an iPad if you paid me. It's an Apple product, no thanks.

Stewart

I didnt actually intend to say that for fear of being ridiculed by appleites, but the protagonists of Bill Gates' empire would surely have similar views. I wish the new venture well, and do understand that the majority of tablet users probably do use i-pads, but there are other systems, should this venture be successful enough to branch out.

Well I've got an iPad and it's the best thing I've bought since a pc. No waiting for the computer to go through its diagnostics and windows to start up, just straight to rmweb . It's the best value product I've had for a long time and I am now an apple convert! So looking forward to sampling the new BRM

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

• [*]Products and layouts that you can move with your finger

Finger prodding - a time honoured tradition among railway modellers goes digital!

Such a shame its not available on Android as that is the O/S on both my tablet and phone. I certainly will not spend the cost of two locos or more on a iPad when Android products are so much cheaper and most apps are free.

I wish you luck with this venture and hope that the Android version will come along soon

Archived