Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Out of interest folks, where are you all buying your Slaters and Parkside kits from?

Any recommendations - most of my usual 4mm haunts don't seem to touch them and the likelihood of getting to a show in the near future is slim.

I would probably use H & A: http://www.hamodels.net/

Edit: just to add, no connection, other than as a satisfied customer both mail order and at shows

• RMweb Gold

You saying I can't read?

Well, the book will also help you to count as all the locos pictures are in order- 50001 Dreadnought, 50002 Superb, etc.

50026 is in there too, just after 50025...

"The Fifty 50s in colour" - Hugh Ballantyne, Platform 5 Publishing

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, the book will also help you to count as all the locos pictures are in order- 50001 Dreadnought, 50002 Superb, etc.

50026 is in there too, just after 50025...

"The Fifty 50s in colour" - Hugh Ballantyne, Platform 5 Publishing

Sounds like it will also help him learn his colours too, particularly blue, yellow and green. A good all round learning book for young Ross.

• RMweb Premium

I was saving that one Paul! It has one of my all time favourite photos of the B&W, a BWT next to a wall and a cottage garden in the foreground with deckchair.... That scene will be created on the model!

• Like 1

Chris,

Have you got this on your bookshelf?

attachicon.gifP1010001.JPG

Published in 1988.  A general book running to 48 pages on the Southern west of Exeter.  There are some colour photos. There is a short photo feature ""Wenford Bridge Interlude"

I do like the new name for the layout.

Yes, 'Pecan Row'

It's got a certain something - sure i've been there

Oh, and while i'm on i've come up with a new user name for you...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I was saving that one Paul! It has one of my all time favourite photos of the B&W, a BWT next to a wall and a cottage garden in the foreground with deckchair.... That scene will be created on the model!

On page 23 of Peter Grays book 'Steam in Cornwall' theres a photo of 30585 with a very modellable cottage scene.Hellandbridge 1961.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

On page 23 of Peter Grays book 'Steam in Cornwall' theres a photo of 30585 with a very modellable cottage scene.Hellandbridge 1961.

Damn you Rob, you just cost me £3.49 on Amazon....

• RMweb Premium

Chris,

Have you got this on your bookshelf?

attachicon.gifP1010001.JPG

Published in 1988.  A general book running to 48 pages on the Southern west of Exeter.  There are some colour photos. There is a short photo feature ""Wenford Bridge Interlude"

I do like the new name for the layout.

Slightly preempted by Paul, here's an old Railway World special. Obviously, like the magazine, no longer in print! It dates from 1988 and copies can be found on the various second hand book sites.

post-6675-0-26863500-1370809081_thumb.jpg

It's a great, A4 sized book(let) covering, like the title suggests, the whole of the Withered Arm. As Paul mentioned it does include a "Wenford Bridge Interlude", not bad fo a thin book considered how insignificant the line was in relation to the whole of the Devon and Cornwall lines. This does illustrate though the warmth that the line has in the hearts of many enthusiasts. 

The contents are a mix of well written, informative text which is supplemented by a selection of photos that are mainly b&w but with the odd page of colour thrown in for good measure. There's a cracking double page spread of a T9 at Padstow with the Camel estuary, blue skies and sand dunes  in the background. 

Back to my smaller little patch of Cornwall, and the "Wenford Bridge Interlude" includes some really nice and unusual shots of the Wenford line. The sample below is typical. Another firm Spams recommendation.

post-6675-0-13290100-1370809089_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Father's Day this Sunday and this year there will be no socks, novelty pint glasses or car cleaning kits. No, this year the family have put a contribution towards something nice from Lionheart. And no, Rob, it's not a WR loco! Hopefully photos at the weekend.

• RMweb Gold

Father's Day this Sunday and this year there will be no socks, novelty pint glasses or car cleaning kits. No, this year the family have put a contribution towards something nice from Lionheart. And no, Rob, it's not a WR loco! Hopefully photos at the weekend.

Its got to be that lovely 64xx tank surely.Its probably one of these though http://www.lionhearttrains.com/modeldetails.php?page=models&mid=2