Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

By the way, is Mawgan Porth still a live project? I've not been able to find anything recent on it on here.

Not really, despite being retired I don't have the time - Trezeath is on the exhibition circuit and requires work (building signals and converting to DCC), the club has a major project in 00 (here) on which I'm doing a fair bit of the trackwork (slightly less recently) and the templotting (not always correctly unfortunately :scratchhead: ) plus I help two other club members operate their layouts.

I am considering selling it, as another club member is interested, and I would rather see something happen to it than it sit in the shed getting dusty.

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Not really, despite being retired I don't have the time - Trezeath is on the exhibition circuit and requires work (building signals and converting to DCC), the club has a major project in 00 (here) on which I'm doing a fair bit of the trackwork (slightly less recently) and the templotting (not always correctly unfortunately :scratchhead: ) plus I help two other club members operate their layouts.

I am considering selling it, as another club member is interested, and I would rather see something happen to it than it sit in the shed getting dusty.

Cheers

Ah, that's a pity - you seemed to be getting well with it. I suspected that Trezeath might be more than a distraction!

How much stock did you end up with? I seem to remember a few photos with Bulleid coach(es?) in them. 

• RMweb Gold

Is that one of Stubby's caravans on the right. :jester:

[adenoid voice]

No, I think you'll find that is actually classed as a motor home, probably with a Ducato 2.5 turbo diesel-engined chassis, as made by Challenger of France.

[/adenoidal voice]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I thought that I recgonised the Double Locks. I'll tell you a funny story about this one when you come down to Barnstaple.

Ah the Double Locks; one of the finest watering holes in Exeter. 

Best accessed by foot or bike, 25 minute cycle ride from home, much of it off road.

What could be better?

Dave.

Edited by DLT

• RMweb Premium

A question for the 7mm building scratchbuilders:

Is anyone aware of a supplier of 7mm windows suitable for my proposed lswr type 6 signal box? A Google search for images of the signal box at Lyme Regis will show what I'm after.

Any pointers appreciated.

(whilst in the habit of building signal boxes I thought I might make a start on the one for Pencarrow)

• RMweb Gold

They look fairly simple ( for someone of your abilities), can you not make them yourself ( e.g. in one long strip of all 9 frames) using your chopper & some microstrip ?

• RMweb Premium

I've had issues before Stu with windows built up in that manner curving and warping over time. Not too noticeable on the odd single window but very obvious on long openings like signal boxes. Once bitten...

• 3 weeks later...