The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Please sponsor me?

RallyRob16

Andy Y has kindly given me permission to post this................

At the end of April and the beginning of May this year I will be taking part in two charity cycle rides.

The first ride, which will take place between 26th and 29th April, will be the Coast to Coast challenge from Morecambe to Bridlington. Approximately 170 miles following the 'Way of the Roses' route for most of the time.

I will be part of a group of 16 riders who are raising funds for The Brain Research Trust in memory of a colleague who died suddenly having suffered a massive brain stem haemorrhage. He was only 44 years old and a fit and healthy active young man. There were no symptoms and no-one had any idea that this was going to happen.

I will be at the York Exhibition on Saturday and Sunday operating on either Bee Lane or Blackmill. Be warned I will be armed with sponsor forms!!!!

For those not visiting York you can make a donation on http://glen.oldham.muchloved.com/ and click on the Donate to Brain Research Trust icon. Please mention my name in the 'Message' box?

More information on Glen's short life can be found at http://www.remember-glen.co.uk along with a link to the donate page.

You will also be able to follow our progress along the ride, with regular blogs and hopefully twitter updates.

The second ride will take place on the following Saturday, 4th May. This is a one day challenge to ride approximately 90 miles from Bwlchgwyn (just outside Wrexham) to Abersoch over on the Llyn Peninsular (beyond Pwllheli) via Bala and Porthmadog.

This ride will be in memory of my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin (all from the same family) who we sadly lost in the past 12 months. My cousin died following kidney failure and my Aunt and Uncle both sucummed to Cancer within one month of each other earlier this year.

We will be raising funds for the following charities who all helped out massively prior to their passing.

Wrexham Maelor Hospital Renal Unit

Nightingale House Wrexham

Marie Curie Nurses 

We are still sorting out the facility to make an electronic donation. As soon as I know the details I will post them on here.

Now this bit will probably appeal to those of a sadistic nature!!  :girldevil:

It is a well known fact that cyclists (roadies) shave their legs. My wife has suggested that I don't shave mine, but instead get them waxed!!!

My legs resemble a tropical rain forest and therefore getting them waxed is going to hurt a lot!!

I have agreed to suffer that pain on condition that I raise at least £250 for each ride!!! ( I feel I am selling myself short here!!)

So there is an added incentive for you to donate!!!

Please, please, please help and sponsor me!!  :help:  :help:

Thanks in anticipation

Rob

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

Just letting you know that the Coast to Coast challenge has been completed. We were lucky enough to have dry weather for most of the time, just a bit of rain in the hills between Hetton and Pateley Bridge. Also a strong tail wind pushing us into Bridlington.

My main reason for this post is to say a great big THANK YOU to all who sponsored me (especially fellow exhibitors I pestered at the York show !!)

At the moment I am still collecting, but early indications point towards me raising approx £400 towards Brain Research Trust.

Thank you again

Rob

Archived