Dunster. OOgauge on the GWR West Somerset line.

Sasquatch

Some more evening shots. All kinds of weird stuff turns up on Dunster.

Lovely stuff! And courageous - that sort of light can flatten things. I particularly like the shot of the station building opposite the goods-shed with the wagon/interior illuminated.

I do love Dunster. Goatland is the best of its type I've ever seen - or am ever likely to see - but Dunster does it all for me.

Tony.

dunster

images

Suppose you have done these................

Hi David,

it has occurred to me - since my last post praising Shaun's work - that it might seem to be dismissive of your contribution. I didn't mean to, it is all very interesting and useful. I, for one, have no knowledge of that area whatsoever. To see it detailed in all those images was refreshing. I live on the north-east coast and I've never lived more than five-minutes walk from the sea in any of my four past homes - I think I'd choke if I didn't have the unconscious beat of the breakers close by. The ocean is like lungs to me. Now, when I view Shaun's layout I can tie the two together - and it doesn't get much better than that!

Regards,

Tony.

EDIT: Why on earth is my first line repeated in the post but not in the edit? I swear I've lost the plot! lol

it occurred to me that since my last post praising Shaun

Edited by Brass0four

I was born on the north east costa... packet, (Wallsend :O  ).

Know what you mean "by the sea".

I tend to post images of  members' subject's,to give others' more scope...........to think........ :paint:  in a positive way, glad it worked for you.

I live in Tynemouth, David. Once upon a time there was hardly a day went by that I didn't saunter down to the Fish Quay Sands, to watch the river-traffic and the waves flopping around the rotten piles that were Lloyds Hailing Jetty. Unfortunately I'm virtually housebound these days - boring health matters - but on a quiet night, with the wind off the North Sea - I can still hear that rhythmic thump.:-D

Tony.

• RMweb Premium

Had a wonderful evening shunting Dunster. One of the points in the fiddle yard has broken so I must put in an order to Hattons for a new one and my mind is hell bent on buying all the bits and bobs that will be needed to build a small representation of Minehead now I have the room. It isn't like I've enough on my plate without starting a new layout extension.
I can dismantle the shelf layout that never got finished and reuse all its buildings on the "Grim Up North" project and use all the track, points, uncouplers  and gubbins for Minehead.
There's wood for the baseboards salvaged from the old layout shed so it shouldn't cost much at all.

Come to think of it I've already made a start :mosking:
post-8964-0-67915200-1387004272_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Because I keep tapping into your Goathland thread, I have never got around to stopping here. Some lovely little cameos.I liked the scenery all piled up on the workbench, and of course I can see where your kit buildings ended up. Lovely layout, will come and check this out more often.  :sungum:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sorry that I have been neglecting this thread of late.

Let's see if we can't get a new video to compensate for our absence.

One advantage is that some scenic sections are removable so the camera can be placed directly on the bare base board to do a vid. That's my goal for tonight after a nice dinner.

Shaun.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Giving myself a pat on the back for I have just managed to upload my first Youtube.
It's grainy and I bumped the stock with the station pilot but you gotta start somewhere right.

Watch for the ground doll and I dare anyone to spot the uncoupling mechanism.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

That video is what might be called pants! The uncoupling device jerks the fish van making it look like I edited the whole thing!

The lighting was so poor it's made it very grainy and like I said my driving skills are so bad the Oregon Dept of Motor Vehicles  want me to turn in my license!

And where's the snazzy tune?

• RMweb Premium

My latest Blog  covers the working ground signals and includes another youtube video. 

While doing that I thought maybe some detailed shots from around the layout. 

Mr.s Sasquatches green house.

post-8964-0-58888000-1392630999_thumb.jpg

56xx simmering at the station

post-8964-0-33017400-1392631065_thumb.jpg

Platform details with scratch built lamps.

post-8964-0-37532400-1392631106_thumb.jpg

Red Lion landlords car.

post-8964-0-12210700-1392631145_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-48126400-1392631182_thumb.jpg

Rusting tractor built from a Highway Miniatures kit.

post-8964-0-27096600-1392631264_thumb.jpg

What would a post be without a couple of trains.

post-8964-0-47056900-1392631309_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-13333200-1392631369_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Shaun

Cracking photos and amazing detail/ :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: Especially like the greenhouse and the tractor.

In the background of the last photo is what appears to be a jeep, can you post a photo of that please.

Duncan

• Like 1