RMweb

Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

1 hour ago, big jim said:

Couple from last night, first was the scrap train from landor st to Liverpool, 66788 up front 

IMG_9456.HEIC

took that as far as edge lane jn where we jumped off and straight onto the seaforth to East Midlands gateway intermodal while the other driver took out train down to the docks for unloading 

IMG_9457.HEIC

last job if the week tonight, possession near nuneaton then a week off

EMR back in the game with GB as opposed to DB ? I did read DB binned it due all the expensive damage to their wagons 

• RMweb Gold

Back to it next week, bit of a varied week, class 69 test run on Monday, assume it’s 69008 but it could be one of the others that have gone to longport for mods/maintenance, Wellington on Tuesday, depot induction Wednesday then a couple of nights of stone trains to round the week off 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, big jim said:

Depot induction at oxley today for the 805 unit testing, showed a fellow driver round the yard and sidings while I was there, just a couple of shots if things passing by

IMG_9587.HEIC

IMG_9588.HEIC

after that I drove home, got within a few miles of the house only to get a call, the MOD train I left in kineton yesterday still had the single line token on it, as agreed with the signaller, but they needed it putting back into the token machine at fenny compton to take a possession on the line and couldn’t do without the token in place so I had to drive back to kineton to collect it and return to the machine! 

stone trains tomorrow to and from crewe and hams hall 

To paraphrase an old saying, it seems like a loco driver's work is never done.🙂

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, big jim said:

... got within a few miles of the house only to get a call, the MOD train I left in kineton yesterday still had the single line token on it, as agreed with the signaller, but they needed it putting back into the token machine at fenny compton to take a possession on the line and couldn’t do without the token in place so I had to drive back to kineton to collect it and return to the machine! 

Don't knock it. It is good that we have such safety systems. I've just been reading about that awful train crash in Greece.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, big jim said:

next week is a nice simple one, East Midlands gateway, couple of small heaths, and a couple of Clitheroe cement jobs 

You have forgotten the cancellations and can you just's! You should know that what they have planned for you now and what you will actually do is regularly totally different! Between now and then have some good modeling time and thank you for the very interesting story of what you do.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

The Clitheroe jobs are additional rest day work jobs for me, I normal make myself  unavailable for rest days and see what’s of interest on the vacancy list when it comes out, it also helps me keep routes that are normally out of my rostering area up to date such as Liverpool last week, clitheroe next week, dee marsh, carlisle etc current, which can be a blessing when it comes to getting a bit of variety but also a curse when it comes to ‘can you just’ or changing plans last minute, for example the clitheroe on Friday was just as far as crewe and now it’s through to landor st (or bromsgrove)

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5