Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, big jim said:

After the work was done it was up to onibury to wait to leave the worksite 

Never seen the station from that angle, as I have yet to travel from Ludlow to Shrewsbury by rail, but I plan to take the TFW loco hauled sometime soon just for the hell of it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, big jim said:

66007 and 66779 passing by, amazing to think that yesterday I had that loco on the Welsh marches and in the 12 hours since I got off it had somehow got to Doncaster (via an engineers train from bescot!) 

That's a funny 66 leading @big jim - but as you say, these locos do get around these days - they don't hang around.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

20 hours ago, big jim said:

66007 and 66779 passing by, amazing to think that yesterday I had that loco on the Welsh marches and in the 12 hours since I got off it had somehow got to Doncaster (via an engineers train from bescot!) 

8E79C217-10ED-4FFE-9A6A-F1F672868DB3.jpe

And today it worked a train from Whitemoor to Stowmarket Good yard with wagons on 3Z01, didn't understand what the wagons were on TOPS unfortunately.

• Like 1

Platform 3 at Banbury was the place to take water on steam railtours when I was part of the service crew for the GWS, stopped there many times using the fire hydrant that used to be just on the left of this photo. Later on when the platform hydrant had been removed we used one out in the car park.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/09/2023 at 02:00, big jim said:

66779 ran to Stowmarket on Friday and is in position for the Anglia RHTT which look to be starting tomorrow (25/09) so it had a busy week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I work it from oxley then I’ll be Conducted from Carlisle, another driver will get on in Glasgow to take it south, he’ll get conducted back to Carlisle too then take it to back to oxley,  I’ll stay on board and pass back to crewe for 04:00ish, we have to do it that way so we can get our required breaks 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, lmsforever said:

The unit in the Aventi livery  looks very good but I like the look of the grey liveried units .

I really don’t like the black nose. I know yellow isn’t needed on an 805, but it would look better, or maybe continue the green around? The black makes it look mean somehow, not as friendly as the pendolinos. 

• RMweb Gold

Just 3 from last night, trafford park job, got on at crewe due to the late finish the night before

C6C650B6-BC1A-499C-ADC3-67938DB9E929.jpe

running round 

C7AD3217-138F-4D4E-8684-934BF05E0C66.jpe

and back to nuneaton

C9BC5802-9DE8-4200-B6BD-08B0856E3289.jpe

same again tonight but from landor st, looks like next week is RHTT out of kings norton on saynday then a week of rest days until a possession at bidston on Saturday 

• Like 18