"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Lovely work as ever Allan ... and the gravestones look a treat - just lacking in inscriptions. Sure you could think of a few names to put on them :angel:

Just one small point if I may - how about slightly longer grass round the bases of the gravestones? Mowers and/or sheep never get the grass right up close plus it'd help disguise the bases of the stones.

Regards,

David V.

Lovely work as ever Allan ... and the gravestones look a treat - just lacking in inscriptions. Sure you could think of a few names to put on them :angel:

Just one small point if I may - how about slightly longer grass round the bases of the gravestones? Mowers and/or sheep never get the grass right up close plus it'd help disguise the bases of the stones.

Regards,

David V.

Thanks David,

I'm aware of what you say about longer grass around the base of the grave stones but I'm just too lazy!

• Like 1

Regards,

David V.

Here are some suggestions. Taken at Hualapai Ranch near the Grand Canyon last week

post-12030-0-71450800-1445287789_thumb.jpg

post-12030-0-07348000-1445287801_thumb.jpg

post-12030-0-14426900-1445287809_thumb.jpg

post-12030-0-22671500-1445287817_thumb.jpg

post-12030-0-57470600-1445287824_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chalfytich
  • Like 3

The Church is superb - and well impressed that you've even got the grave stones facing east as well!

Strange you should mention that Giles as I once built a church for Peco and had all the gravestones facing North to South !

This was pointed out to me by the late Mr Pritchard who had me rip them out and face them East to West !

Cheers.

Allan.

• RMweb Gold

Maybe I'm missing some gag here?  Surely the sunny side in the southern hemisphere is north anyway?

I understood that churches in the UK faced/pointed east towards Jerusalem and was just wondering if pointing towards Jerusalem was more-or-less adhered to elsewhere in the world.

It would take me MONTHS to do something like that - incredible!

Allan you're an extremely generous and kind chap as well as the talent! I've been getting on with this portion of the factory for Denton Brook, and i'e been loving the fire cement to work with (I even fixed the windows in with it!). This portions just about finished apart from roof tiles and fitting the door.

The rest of the factory is a mix of more stone and brick, with other but it's and pieces, I dare say!

I've ordered some laser cut slates from York laser cutting (or whoever) as I was loosing the will to live when I started cutting some yesterday so we'll see what they're like when they arrive.

Meanwhile, hopper and down pipe finally fitted.

9EBBE062-BFCB-4FAA-951E-E94E5913D06E_zps

IMG_4204_zpsxqmw7dgp.jpg

A few years ago I did my first layout - The Loop - and this was the only building (I don't really 'do' buildings)

DSCF5264.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Love the rose window but for me it would look more at home on a cathederal or very large church, rather than a local parish church; nevertheless, I am sure there are no rules!

You're probably right about that.  A rose window would be an expensive item.  It would probably be more suited to a cathedral but who'd be daft enough to build something that big?

• RMweb Premium

The rose window looks plain wrong Allan.  They were set up high on walls so that the sun would shine through and throw the image across the floor of the church/cathedral.  Yours is so close to the ground that the only time it would bathe the floor in coloured light would be very late or early in the day.