scattering over scatter

evening all

im just at present making a small diorama to photo models on, its got to the stage where im applying the scatter.

Ive done one load and i can still see the paint underneath so will be building up a few more layers, trouble is im not sure what to use to stick the stuff down on top of the exsiting scatter.

i was planning to use spray mount but does anybody else have a different method?

regards - Lord Bickerstaff

• RMweb Gold

Get yourself one of those garden hand sprays and fill it with a 50/50 mix of water/pva and a touch of washing up liquid.Soak your area thoroughly and then apply your scatters again.You might need to do this another time.Rinse out the guns head afterwards as it might bung up with the pva.

Get yourself one of those garden hand sprays and fill it with a 50/50 mix of water/pva and a touch of washing up liquid.Soak your area thoroughly and then apply your scatters again.You might need to do this another time.Rinse out the guns head afterwards as it might bung up with the pva.

I'd agree with this but on stubborn areas I sometimes over spray the ballast instead of putting down the glue first and in areas that need  care I use a 3 ml pipette with the same mixture 

Cheap (and I mean cheap!) firm hold hairspray. Preferably non-scented.

Works a treat!

steve

Ash - agree with the above. Purple can from tesco, about 80p. The last pic of the plank i put on facebook shows the effect of using it over existing static grass

Archived