Siphon G Detailing Kits

• RMweb Premium

I'm trying to track down where to buy OO Siphon G detailing kits - for interior framed Siphons  (Lima).  The kit allows you to update the stock to the later style of covered vents.

I did see some photos of ,detailed interior framed Gs with the extra ventilation covers.

Jackson Evans  no longer lists them.

Any ideas please?

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks - the maker is worngly listed on the GWR .org    site as being Jackson Evans, hence the wild goose chase.

Now I know what they are and that that diagram is way beyond my modelling era, I will look for another way to  make my Siphon Gs a little less identical.

• RMweb Gold

Some of the old Jackson Evans range is still available through Mark Trip'e at Classic Trains in Leamington.You might struggle to get anything from Blacksmiths at the moment.

• RMweb Premium

I ordered several of the Siphon G etches as soon as they appeared on the Blacksmith pages of the Cooper-Craft website, and they arrived within a couple of days.

Adrian

I believe that etches are available but if you need the castings as well you will have something of a wait. I put in an order before the current change of ownership and on going enquiries are that he is still awaiting castings. The last time I spoke to him at Scaleforum in Leatherhead last September he was in negotiations with a supplier, as the previous Blacksmith's caster were unable to supply. I am awaiting several coach kits and a couple of Siphon underframe kits.

I shall be having a word again at Expo EM.

SS

Many thanks - the maker is worngly listed on the GWR .org    site as being Jackson Evans, hence the wild goose chase.

Now I know what they are and that that diagram is way beyond my modelling era, I will look for another way to  make my Siphon Gs a little less identical.

Not wrong as there was a siphon detailing kit produced by Haye developments and later sold through Jackson Evans.

The Blacksmith conversion came in two parts. The basic body detailing kit with the BR shutters, and a complete new underframe with bogies.

Mike Wiltshire

Archived