Spenridge Road

spenc

Hi everyone

Its been about two months since i last posted on here i got to the stage where the layout was going to the local tip but with it booked to go to Thorncombe on sat 9th November i decided to carry on so now it will be set in Dorset(Wareham area) Ball clay. So i have put 3rd rail down for the passenger line i sold my 25s & got 33s for the clay traffic. Passengers 2Hap & 2EPB clay wagons i have hoods at the moment but they will be replaced as the layout is going to be set in the mid to late 80s i have ordered the Bachmann polybulks but will not be here for Thorncombe.

The layout its had a name change its Spenridge Road its a fictional branch off the London/Weymouth line serving the Ball clay works & local passengers its double track to the clay works then single line for the rest of the branch the station did have two platforms but was reduced to one when the loop was taken out in the 60s.

Steve

post-11944-0-14286000-1381326393_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-26110000-1381326432_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-23361300-1381326490_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-38042700-1381326534_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-70881400-1381326571_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-02777000-1381326607_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-06527000-1381326638_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-85620000-1381326680_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-13533200-1381326723_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-10448300-1381326756_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-54173000-1381326790_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-71070700-1381326830_thumb.jpg

This last photo on test run

Hi cromptonnut

There was just something missing must be one of does age things i think when i have the stock i need for it & sorted what auto coupling i am going to use i should see it working better

thanks for comment.Hows your layout coming on.

Steve

Hi cromptonnut

There was just something missing must be one of does age things i think when i have the stock i need for it & sorted what auto coupling i am going to use i should see it working better

thanks for comment.Hows your layout coming on.

Steve

I know what you mean about the "something missing" - that's why my layout is still at the bare boards stage.

Long story but lost my modelling mojo for several months following a bad experience with a group of people who really should have known better, before finding some pictures of an old OO layout of mine that I thought might scale up quite nicely - and, in fact, isn't that different in some ways to the freight part of your plan.

Sometimes it's good to "walk away and shut the door" for a while before revisiting things and sometimes you find the problem isn't actually that big a deal after all.  Started pinning down some bits of track this weekend which looked good but I realised that there wasn't enough room for "loco release" on the incoming train so it's back to XTrackCAD once more to see if what I was thinking will fit if I put one of the sidings the other way round.

Hi cromptonnut

I think me walking away from mine did me good i hope had a good  play today went ok. Work is a killer at moment cutting staff & putting extra on us that is still there everybody feels so tyred  

but at the end of the week off for 2 weeks so i will be doing this :sungum: & doing alot of :drink_mini: & this colour :angry: 

Steve 

Sometimes doing something else can be a big advantage, especially if things aren't quite going to plan.  That's why it's always good to have a mini diorama on the go alongside your main layout, or a kit, or something else not specifically connected to working on the layout.

Revisiting this thread and looking again at some of your pictures gives me some ideas for my layout.  It's a shame I can't get down for the Thorncombe show - I have family in Chard and spent the first 25 years of my life in South Chard.

Hi Graham

Its hard choice to make when it's cold &

Raining in dorset I thing I will stay with the where the sun is at moment day time has not been below 30c the other day it was 38c night time 25c.See you on the 9th.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve, haven't looked at the thread for a while so I was surprised to see the changes you've made. Despite my preference for North Devon locations I do like what you've done, the 3rd rail & EMUs make an interesting variation & probably justify a more intensive passenger service!

One question, is that the Bachmann level crossing? You've done a good job of blending it into the scenery.

Hi Steve, haven't looked at the thread for a while so I was surprised to see the changes you've made. Despite my preference for North Devon locations I do like what you've done, the 3rd rail & EMUs make an interesting variation & probably justify a more intensive passenger service!

One question, is that the Bachmann level crossing? You've done a good job of blending it into the scenery.

You can see it in the flesh if you come east of the Exe for a few hours on November 9th.  We'd be pleased to see you at Thorncombe and I'm sure Steve would.

• RMweb Gold

You can see it in the flesh if you come east of the Exe for a few hours on November 9th.  We'd be pleased to see you at Thorncombe and I'm sure Steve would.

I'd like to do that, more a question of what the rest of the family need to do though. We'll see...

Hi Ramblin Rich

Thanks for your comment yes it is a Bachmann level crossing I cut & tweaked it to fit look forward to seeing any RMwebbers at Thorncombe on the 9th nov.Right back to the sun just a mere 37c today.

Cheers

Steve

Archived