Little Dunmow

Shadow

LOL.... Glad to still see and read of BBC.....and of possible extension? 

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=Blackwell%20Brewery&sort=relevance&user_id=26359504%40N08&view_all=1

Did anyone convert a Model Rail Sentinel to run on it?

I would have thought J15 pushing it on the size front? Regards to all at MEMRC. Steven.

Sorry to take this thread off topic, I trust it will be tolerated, after all, we're talking another GER layout!

Don't know of a Sentinel, but if someone was building it, they may have left the club before I joined. I'm building stock (it's what I enjoy doing most) and if you look at my blog you can see some of the locos I've built running on BBC at the recent East Anglian show at St Neots. Because of this one show we've got five further invites and, as I said earlier, the layout has gained a new puff of wind.

Those pictures are great - I didn't know Dave Zelly used to have hair! :-)

I'll pass on your greetings.

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Yes I would like an update too. Must have made more progress thanI have! I bought two Clauds to join my primitive Jaycraft one and my three J15s, one of which is a Stephen Poole kit. Cant wait for the new B12 too.. and yes I am lucky! Happy New Year to you all!

Just caught up with this thread, haven't visited for a while. Seems as good progress has been made, what caught my eye of course is the name, an area I know quite well. Little Dunmow/Felsted, an old work colleague, in my old days at Marconi, lived in LD, an ex girl friend lived in Felsted, she worked at the old sugar beet factory, and I'd been to the old Ridley's brewery at Hartford End a few times - enough looking back from me.

• Like 1

Thanks for the interest everyone. Unfortunately not a lot of progress. (If any!)

Work, home life, and a lack of 'get up and go' got in the way.

However, hopefully getting some time soon to progress things.

Thanks for the interest everyone. Unfortunately not a lot of progress. (If any!)

Work, home life, and a lack of 'get up and go' got in the way.

However, hopefully getting some time soon to progress things.

Your not the only one, but throw in the occasional bad dose of sciatica on my part as well. :-(

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A pleasure to catch up on this thread.  What an attractive, compact and clever little layout.  Those trees are very good and very effectively placed - one of the best  tree-effects I have seen - and I was very interested in the technique; clever and it worked a treat. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was not fully satisified with the composition of the centre/right side of the layout so have played with it a bit.

Removed the Water Tank and embankment behind it and placed a Goods building there instead. (Centre)

post-3744-0-27610000-1462958118_thumb.jpg

And on the right will make up some more trees to give a better composition

post-3744-0-86340200-1462959324_thumb.png

It's all becoming clearer in my head anyway. (I hope!)

• Like 6

I am surprised.  Fooled, in fact, and impressed. I thought "that looks Great Eastern" and I also took it to be scratch-built because the way you have finished the masonry matches your scratch-built models.   To use a 'plant and go building' in such a way as to blend with the scratch-built models is a minor art in itself. 

It gives you a great feeling of a long slow summer day with not much happening. You can almost hear the grasshoppers in the long grass and the occasional ringing of the block bells through the open signalbox windows, the silence disturbed for a few moments by a J15 on a two coach local. Banging doors as a couple of people alight, guards whistle and off we go, the silence returning to the yard.

Paul R

Just read the complete thread until now and enjoyed it very much - sorry though for the flurry of 'likes' ...

Your scenery work is very effective and convincing.

The buildings are outstanding.

The track work is outstanding.

i am really looking forward to future updates!

Best Regards,

Christian