Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

you provide the picture of grumpy bob......and I'll provide the 4mm figure  to immortalise him :sungum:

Tell him why you want a picture and he can check it out....see if it is good enough to be called 'Grumpy Bob'. 

I'll leave it to you to explain why he is called GRUMPY Bob..... :jester:

The giggling noise has disappeared, apparently the merry makers that had been outside at the Aidensfield Arms have decided to take them self off inside to the snug.

med_gallery_17883_3001_267758.jpgrmweb1152heartbeat7

It's hard to tell if the light is streaming through from behind this building or the owner has switched the lights on, perhaps in the hallway The dappled shade is now quite eerie. The birds are silent, and the wind is rustling in the trees.

med_gallery_17883_3001_540825.jpgrmweb1153heartbeat8

rmweb1165heartbeat11

• Like 10

How could that have happened!!!!!!

The place had been quiet the birds has silenced and only the wind had been heard....but all the traffic is stopped....

That black and yellow citroen is on its roof!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3001_450439.jpgrmweb1154heart9

• Like 2

AAaaahhhh    ..........................................................................  a clear case of "Lemon Squash!"         ........................................

............................   translation?  .........................................................................................................................................................................     "Citroen Presse ...."  ............................    

:jester:  :jester: .........................

Ok, time for bed and the nice jacket  ........................

• RMweb Gold

AAaaahhhh    ..........................................................................  a clear case of "Lemon Squash!"         ........................................

............................   translation?  .........................................................................................................................................................................     "Citroen Presse ...."  ............................    

:jester:  :jester: .........................

Ok, time for bed and the nice jacket  ........................

Oi, the nice jacket's mine mate, and don't you forg.. wbbll zlp wstfgl...

Has Terry the tractor driver been asked to come pull the Citroen back onto its wheels???

med_gallery_17883_3001_366023.jpgrmweb1164heartbeat10

There's a police car...has it been called to the accident?

oh dear, the giggling might not have just been coming from the Aidensfield Arms pub.....it appears our hoodie is having a good laugh....

med_gallery_17883_3001_8695.jpgrmweb1165heartbeat11

it would also appear that if he pops his head just around the edge of the shed....he has a good view of the Citroen. Coincidence?

• Like 3

Oh sorry - I didn't mean to confuse    ............    I meant my night-time snack    ..........

.............    those little crunchie ones from the lawn    ..........     people often get confused and think it is wartime pilots clothing that is being consumed  .......   :O

Probably very worried about what the Citroen driver might say he was up to   -  to cause enough distraction enough for the driver crash  .....     :O

Are they the same ones as the lawyers wigs?

.....   not unless they wear leather jackets on their heads  .......   :jester:  :jester:

A bird's eye view of the village

med_gallery_17883_3001_131442.jpgrmweb1167heartbeat13

Well the citroen is gone, so perhaps the traffic can get start moving again. The dappled sunlight from the evening sun is still holding, and so far no rain or storm has appeared. But the young lass in the Citroen had a nasty scare. She is apparently unhurt and the car was moved to one side, when the traffic clears it will be towed to Scripps, being light weight it luckily has not taken too much damage. Luckily for the lass she was wearing her safety belt. Several over the other drivers, have quickly popped theirs on. Not because policeman plod is about. Seatbelts might now be compulsory to be fitted in cars but it's not yet compulsory for people to wear them!!! (Heartbeat never went into the 1980s)

• Like 6

Although I had marked out the join between Goathland and Heartbeat, it is not big enough to pop the police station there....so another piece of 25mm recticel.....and I divert the road south making the north side larger.

med_gallery_17883_3001_96385.jpgrmweb1169heartbeat1

I pulled out the foil to show new road direction. The front elevation shows the approx position of the police house

I've shown where the road that goes to the bridge lies. I am not intending to replace the part. So it will be cut of the square

med_gallery_17883_3001_501732.jpgrmweb1170heartbeat2

I cut the approx positioning of the police house, and the Aidensfield arms carpark

med_gallery_17883_3001_391515.jpgrmweb1171heartbeat3

• Like 7

I have temporarily coloured the new road,and the position of the police house,the square near the Aidensfield Arms will be the carpark

med_gallery_17883_3001_287660.jpgrmweb1172heartbeat4

med_gallery_17883_3001_287660.jpgrmweb1173heartbeat5

the road will rise from the Goathland bridge road, then fall back down in to the Aidensfield Arms. you can see the path in front of where the police house will sit, it slopes up to the main police house then passes around to the next doorway under the Police sign.

med_gallery_17883_3001_84611.jpgrmweb117heartbeat6

med_gallery_17883_3001_389596.jpgrmweb1175heartbeat7

• Like 7

Good Idea. What does WATH mean? Any idea?

Wath is the old Saxon word for ford, it's quite common around here.

Where Cow Wath bridge is used to be a ford before the railway diverted the river around the railway and put the trackbed on the riverbed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Boris,

Honest Question, 'Wath'.

We are talking about Yorkshire, where lots of Vikings lived, so this is a pre-Viking word?  

Not saying that it is not.  When I drive through Norfolk it is very interesting to see the Saxon and Viking place names next to each other.

• Like 2