Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Ok so

If the two sheet represent the whole length 152mm

and the optimum height appears to be where I set the roof line i.e.8.5mm

The depth will need  to be in proportion

The extension appears to be about here in reference to the roof line versus main house top right hand window

And the extension windows seem to be about here, They are really a little heavy but are the same size and the one on the left represents 2x2 panes, I will do the same trick on the right one to get more panes. Sasquatch mentioned a door...but I can't find a picture to confirm it. So he may 1.have other pictures and know a door is in the mix, 2. believe you need a door to get in the buildings and/or 3. believe it would be architecturally balanced to have one here. So a door is a possibility on the extension.

In the reference picture the left extension windows seems hard up against the main house. BUT 1. the extension is set back, 2. the picture is taken from hard left, and I think that the window would be about here. If anyone has a picture and can correct this assumption please SHOUT out now!!!.

The other roof is to show how long I am planning the extension, and as the sheet for the extension is not cut yet the other piece is a visual break portraying ground level.

Sasquatch has already clued me up regards this door., and more importantly pointed out the house is NOT symmetrical there is a little more width off to the right than the left.

I have corrugated sheet to make the flat roof on the extension.

The only question is, and here I hit a problem....these roof tiles are good....but I have two sheets, and as you can see one sheet does not do the whole roof, so should  I

1. squeeze the house a little thinner to get the roof tiles to fit,

2. use other roof tiles which are not so prototypical (I had the connotations of this word....but its a great word..pro..to..typ..ical.....lol.

3. source some more Wills tiles (I have to get Kal from the train station tomorrow...and there is a model shop nearby that might have what i need)

I think....before I cut....I plan to....investigate what Wills kit they have and maybe they have the slaters...thisi is um the 4mm? Any ways...I'll take the sheet I have tampered with in order to get the sizing.

med_gallery_17883_3113_312328.jpgrmweb1081willskit37

So I'm in a dilemma if I'm not cutting the main building....what should I do?

Watch TV?

• Like 3

Drool away babe, in the meantime I will go through my loco wish list and see what I can buy to help you out ;)

'ere where the 'eco did that post come from!!! I never saw it before. Locos what locos??? Your wish list is already long enough to compare to War and Peace!!!!

War and Peace the novel...in size.....Not us go to war you understand....everything is peace......very peaceful......... :smoke:

• RMweb Premium

Drool away babe, in the meantime I will go through my loco wish list and see what I can buy to help you out ;)

If I ask nicely, can I have a couple of locos please....?

Cheers,

Mick

No no no

No war here! We are just rushin peace keepers here to observe and just need to add a few bits of machinery to provide some home comforts don't you know.

It is not a tank , it is a Hornby sentinel with the exhaust pointing forward, guv.

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

If I ask nicely, can I have a couple of locos please....?

Cheers,

Mick

Depends on how nicely you could ask, and if you have noticed my two spare 67's. Grrrrrrrrrr. They're accounted for!

• RMweb Premium

Depends on how nicely you could ask, and if you have noticed my two spare 67's. Grrrrrrrrrr. They're accounted for!

Oh - I can ask nicely, pretty pretty please.............

And a 67 would be just perfect!

Thanks! :declare:

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Ok....not funny....I can't find the scalpel, I used it in the last 24 hours

My heart bleeds... In 17 shades.....

I believe, these may be linked...

Alternatively, the last time I heard the words "Where's that scalpel, I had it a minute ago", it went something like this:

"Hallo, Post-op ward?"

"Oh hi, theatre two here... That Mrs Everett we just sent you, I wonder if you could just pop her round to X-Ray for us..."

"No, nothing really, just looking for something..."

"Oh, thanks very much, bye"...

with the use of a small file

med_gallery_17883_3113_114221.jpgrmweb1083willskit40

half done

ready for new bits

one to left is the matching original

the one to the top is the blue peter one i did earlier....

med_gallery_17883_3113_24152.jpgrmweb1084willskit41

• Like 4

top = the first one i adapted

middle = this one i just adapted , and has the sash in the right place

bottom= the matching window that needs to be updated to match the middle one.

med_gallery_17883_3113_423733.jpgrmweb1085willskit42

bottom two windows = the first ones

top left = a 3 x 4

top right = a 4 x 4 with sash

med_gallery_17883_3113_344117.jpgrmweb1086willskit43

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jaz

Looking good, your modeling skills are top notch. Makes my efforts seem poor by comparison. One day I will pluck up enough courage to start a thread of my layout. I've been at it for nearly 10 years now and I haven't even built all the boards yet let alone started scenery although all of the track is laid on the lower and middle levels. Trouble is I get distracted by my other hobbies and DIY projects. :dontknow:

Regards Lez.Z.

Lezz01

You could do a small diorama with a piece of track on it, for photographic purposes. Also it allows you to experiment and be braver than you would normally. I did that self same thing with the PIR first off.

A 1 foot by 2foot board / tom / PIR could later be incorporated into the finished layout.

If you fancy this, there is loads on our thread and other peoples, and if you want to see how quick it can be done look at Westerhamstation's link to his lyout. He has adapted things in the house to make a fantastic layout, absolutely fantastic. The sort of thing you can experiment with and, not get upset about the cost at least, if it does not pan out. Plenty of people do stuff on budgets here.

If you look out at skips where new houses are being built or refurbished you might see offcuts of Kingspan, Celutex, Exotherm, Recticel.......this is fantastic modelling material.

7APT7

Thanks, I'm glad to see Trains12 is back up and running. He appears to be getting back up to speed. My dad is a lot better, he barely needs any help now, although he has stopped driving, so we ferry him around. But the surgeon has signed him off. And he lost so much weight he is not diabetic any more (the amount of insulin his body does produce is now copying with his body mass) I hope you have had some good news too.At 87 he won't be with us forever, but he has all his marbles and is a delight for every day I have him.  :sungum: He's a cheeky monkey and I am always joking at the doctors that I slap him about to keep him under control..LMAO. I do think it is his sense of humour that carried him through a lot of this. He has coincidentally lost the full sight in one eye (it was coming) but as he can still read watch TV and see in general he is not too down about it. Having lost my mum in her late 50s I can really appreciate about losing a parent. Any way, Trains12 appears to be back in play and that's all good.

• Like 1

...One day I will pluck up enough courage to start a thread of my layout....

Ah gwan you will.  I lurked here for ages before daring to put up my own stuff as I was intimidated by the quality of the offerings elsewhere & I'm firmly at the trainset end of the market, but found everyone really helpful which has only made my modelling better!

• Like 1