Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

This was was a favourite tho....

med_gallery_17883_3195_79837.jpgrmweb3495spalding2014

The Elephants were apparently 'toys' which he recoloured and made in statues....superb job

med_gallery_17883_3195_728551.jpgrmweb3496spalding2014

Each of the windows bore examination.....

med_gallery_17883_3195_542218.jpgrmweb3498spalding2014

another opening for toilet humour.... :angel:

med_gallery_17883_3195_57534.jpgrmweb3499spalding2014

• Like 5

...cont'd....

so cross she's gone crossed eyed!!!.... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_3195_360160.jpgrmweb3504spalding2014

and if you think this is the last one...

med_gallery_17883_3195_425625.jpgrmweb3497spalding2014

you'd be wrong.....this layout was so much fun we took videos. The couple were very friendly, and the husband who did the modelling was soon showing us another of his projects.....which I really hope to see some time on the future.

Nodding Horse in stable

• Like 5

It must be clear to you how so many enjoy the tiny details captured in The Pink Panther's Tiger's exhibition layout pics.

Actually, he has created a headland (the technical term for what you describe) as you'll see in the third picture - three swaths running parallel to the fence.

At least no-one suggested the combine is the wrong way round.  The whole scene was created by a farmer who did know what he was modelling.

I realise I've also been turning them around in my head while going about my daily affairs: here are a couple of queries:

The beautiful model of the allotments at Melton Mowbray - in reality would there be a right and a wrong way for the gardeners to align their rows?

Up here on Tyneside (so close to the Arctic Circle) we line-up our rows N-S so that they get equal amounts of morning and afternoon sun.

Wingfield Junction (a really ambitious layout located somewhere along the Stephensons' York and North Midland mainline) appearsto have the rolling hills and red earth fields of mid Devon as its backdrop instead of those long Peak district edges! Could I suggest the flashing light of Crich 'Stand', the memorial to the Sherwood Foresters would look good up on the backdrop.

signed :picknose: (nitpicker) dhig

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all the Spalding photographs - just like being there. You have a great talent for picking out the cameos and putting together an interesting series of photographs. As you noted, the really noticeable feature of the O gauge layouts is how much better the figures look, adding realism to many of the wonderful little scenes.

I remember an excellent tour of the Carlsberg factory many years ago now - they have done a great job of the interior.

Cheers

John

JAz, I have to agree with John about it feeling just like being there. :sungum:

Some great photos of cameos, :sungum:  although, I'm more than a little concerned about your voyeuristic tendencies. :O   :jester:

It was Kal honest....... :angel: ...playing with his new iPhone 6 plus.....

Edited by Jaz

I've got plenty more to put up......but have been busy....painting.......helping David paint his items, and sorting his pigeons....as they were a pain to do...getting them half way reasonable myself....let alone explain how to to someone else!!!!!! He goes home tomorrow.....we never have enough time....tonite was meant to be running the trains!!!!!! There might be a mad panic to sort this  before David catches the train tomorrow.....

edit= although i believe BOTH dogs are planning an embargo to stop him leaving......

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Just a quick one but with reguards to your photos at Spalding, you do have all the photos that corrospond to Hassell Harbour Bridge in the right area, you do have a few as you say in the earlier posts. An excellent weekend, and looking forward to our next but with being so large we don't get out all the time so it shall not be for another year.

Benjamin

Just a quick one but with reguards to your photos at Spalding, you do have all the photos that corrospond to Hassell Harbour Bridge in the right area, you do have a few as you say in the earlier posts. An excellent weekend, and looking forward to our next but with being so large we don't get out all the time so it shall not be for another year.

Benjamin

thank you for the clarification, getting near your bridge took a lot of dedication, as so many people were stood admiring it, David Todd has some video too which he plans to put up when h get home.

I did hear someone nearby mention that you won't get as many bookings as them....as you would barely fit in a Church hall all by yourself. :jester: . But it is nice to see the big ones, and done so nicely too.

I did notice the show actually had accommodated several big 'uns. I always like Spalding Show, Edward always manages to pull off a fantastic show. Which considering how ill he actually is, is a testament to his will power.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the pics Jaz. I couldn't make Spalding due to illness, but these pics do make some amends for that. Absolutely stunning. That French scene layout (cafe front , Boul etc) is just....I'm speechless. I thought Pompoul (spelling) was a great layout, but this looks to be equally as good.

Phil (sick duck from 36E).

Thanks for the pics Jaz. I couldn't make Spalding due to illness, but these pics do make some amends for that. Absolutely stunning. That French scene layout (cafe front , Boul etc) is just....I'm speechless. I thought Pompoul (spelling) was a great layout, but this looks to be equally as good.

I see you still have that excellent avatar....with the mad duck.......are you saving the other idea for Xmas? Your Xmas prezzie to yourself LOL.....

Edward Spaldings exhibition manager does have a really good idea for detail, and he does tend to pick layouts absolutely crammed with them. I just get the pleasure of photographing them, then storing them here on my Gallery for future reference. There's a sub section JUST for other peoples layouts in my personnel gallery... :sungum: My personnel reference library :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/3195-other-peoples-layouts/

The first set in the gallery is Mick / Newbryfords work, the rest usually have a picture of the name of the layout as the first post of its group......

Saves me the hard slog of rummaging through my thread for pictures :sungum:  All areas are subsection, there is the occasional one misfiled but in general....it's quicker to look for y photos in there.I must rembember to WRITE the name at time of posting then it's easier to google them :jester:

Edited by Jaz

I notice a lot of likes from new people, following the Spalding Show pictures subtitle. Thank you.

I met and spoke to a number of the exhibitors. If anyone is aware of threads relating to these, I am happy to copy them onto appropriate threads. Just mention the post and add a link I'll check it out.....and if it's a match....pop them up. 

I have stopped putting them up on the shows thread as well because those threads unfortunately sink without trace.....and the time and effort to post here and the show thread just seems a waste of energy for me. adding them as well to a thread specific for a layout is a different kettle of fish, but I noticed trying to hunt them down also takes a lot of my time. so I primarily now just post here where I want them, and advice on the show thread they can be found here. The link will usually takes you to the first picture from a show...unless otherwise indicated.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Surely a barrel that size would deliver more than a polite bit of  'Eine kleine Nacht' musik'. Even hardened Newcastle Quayside p%$£artists would be singing and shouting way into the small hours! :shout: :shout: :shout:

dhig

I did wonder why you dumped a disagree on my post....ROFL.....if I get a chance I'll go back and find something more rollicking........

It is O gauge (I think anyway)......it's also probably OMG gauge....as you say lovely cameos.

• Like 1

Now I have to say when they are talking about roundy roundies they have NO IDEA......

Ballyconnell Road......lives up to this term......

the railway and the faller road vehicle......on a scratch built 3mm layout.

I only know this because we had a chat with all three operators, and Kal and the layout owner went off on a technical chat....while I took the picture...

med_gallery_17883_3195_392369.jpgrmweb3506spalding2014

this layout = approx 16ft and can be operated by just one person, allowing the other two the opportunity to go look at everyone else work.....bonus

med_gallery_17883_3195_893643.jpgrmweb3507spalding2014

the back...interior.....it's like a little TARDIS...

med_gallery_17883_3195_725765.jpgrmweb3508spalding2014

everything you need in one neat small space....and excellent for the corners of shows.....easy cornering.... :sungum:

• Like 6