Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I'm already about to put up Budgets Bodgit's nightmare......I think I'll stay clear of the bangers......

med_gallery_17883_3149_25184.jpgrmweb3345repaint22

Heartbeat is having a late bonfire fireworks as it is Saturday, and during the day one of the villagers decided it would be nice to have a fair at the church...so they had a word with the circus which is nearby, and between the matinee and evening show some of the guys popped over.

med_gallery_17883_3149_204044.jpgrmweb3346repaint23'

@Jc...thanks for the likes.....did you see 'you' and 'Pastel' on the left?

Sasquatch and his two are there......

I need to make replacements for Jcredfer and JCL as the originals are now with them. 

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 5

Oh yes, I did see, thank you     .............................     

I need to make replacements for Jcredfer and JCL as the originals are now with them. 

..............    and just wait until she gets home    ....    the number of times I have told her about Candy Floss, being all sticky and just made of sugar   ..........   that coat has just been painted washed and it will be covered in sticky pink sugar now!   ...........  :nono:.             ..........   the things kids get up to when they think you 'ain't watching, eh  .....    :jester:

• Like 1

Oh yes, I did see, thank you     .............................     

..............    and just wait until she gets home    ....    the number of times I have told her about Candy Floss, being all sticky and just made of sugar   ..........   that coat has just been painted washed and it will be covered in sticky pink sugar now!   ...........  :nono:.             ..........   the things kids get up to when they think you 'ain't watching, eh  .....    :jester:

LOL bad enough being in troubler what YOU have done, how much worse to get in trouble for you mini me version LMAO.........

My ..Just items I follow...list.....has got so big...I had to reduce it.....anyone effected should not worry that I am not following.....just that it does not show on their listing...and is no longer automated.....my regular haunts are unaffected....you can't get rid of me that easily... :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

I had to keep popping to the second page to find AV!!!!! You all just gabby too much :angel: .......

what do you mean I was the last poster?????? :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 2

Right we have not seen the builders for the vellums yet, and Kal had ants in hi pants.

SO.....

we ripped out some of the tuff in the old loft, made a second table frame, popped them into place for where they will go.....

this means Kal can start up the process ......

it also means we can play with the area at the other nd where the vellums will not go

So we can work on the 4 difficult areas..

the way in

the way out

the curve for return

and the outside circling track...which won't be on the layout.

We have decided to build the tables,  then decide what we can fit on them......

Blackpool will no longer have any trains.....only trams.....as Kal has motorised one tram and can do the others......

we are likely to concentrate on one pier, some seaside, and a bit of the tram tracks....

he has this idea of making a setting sun...and perhaps a rising moon!!!!!!!!!

This will of course need time to evolve, but his little brain is buzzing with how to achieve this.....

and this means part of the Blackpool Illuminations will be included.

We have

Carnforth buildings....

Mining buildings.....

a Gas works and a Cement works......

so for those who like to concentrate on railway orientated scenery......

at least one generic station....that can be swopped in and out with alternative buildings.....this would including swopping in and out the PIR scenery, so buildings are properly embedded.....

there should be some stuff coming through.....

although we have to get the vellux puts in, complete the slopes allowing trains to go up and down, finish the other tables.....and lay track.......

and stop Kal from tearing up the track after he has put it down because he does not like it!!!!!!! How long it will take to get this all up and running? 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Did you know I was actually once in a three ring circus?.................................................. Me and two other a..holes!! :jester: :jester: :jester:

You definitely need two short leashes on those two Jaz. They took off in the woods after a skunk (who didn't run obviously)...............the smell made me sick. :bad:

Love the fair, real cool.

Some of the figures you buy pr-epainted are pretty cheap......but the quality is usually reflected...

med_gallery_17883_3149_329778.jpgrmweb3558repaint34

but this does not mean you can't improve on them.....

today jeans in many shades are really popular.....and I chose these two pairs of figures because the girl is carrying a cat.....which will be funfair prizes....

med_gallery_17883_3149_348918.jpgrmweb3359repaint35

the faces are pretty poor especially the girls, but get most of the colour in place...and the rest tends to be overlooked as long as it is not highlighted..

plentiful weathering here can be a good thing

med_gallery_17883_3149_466739.jpgrmweb3360repaint36

A touch of white to one pair of feet and you get baseball pumps, and close up the paint is not pretty I can tell you....it's all about impressions..

your brain fills in the rest....

and a suggestion of a pattern can easily be added...the lines are wonky BUT a jacket never hangs flat so it does not matter......

and a touch of wear on the jeans are supplied by highlights....white / blue whatever......

med_gallery_17883_3149_72774.jpgrmweb3361repaint37

the painting does not have to be accurate, just not as lazy as the bought item.....

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

And once put out on the layout, people thankfully notice the good stuff

med_gallery_17883_3149_124659.jpgrmweb3362repaint38

med_gallery_17883_3149_137618.jpgrmweb3363repaint39

just add enough half decent detail....and the mind works the rest of the magic.....

on better figures, a profile image usually looks good, as it emphasises the facial details.....and just ensure any shadows help give the right impression...

• Like 1

Looking good Jaz

With those Citadel paints, can you not squeeze an orc or two in somewhere? ;)

Suppose it would work at the seaside bit:

19394-004-4B5DB5C2.jpg

Oh boy.....that does make me wonder.....ROFL (note to self stop laughing before sharing the joke).....

an Orc...so something green....

and a bird......perhaps......a red breasted bird????

Jeepers Creepers xxx xxx........... Holy jumping jehosephat.......what a coincidence.....

Edited by Jaz

no being able to find the packet he came from i nabbed this running figure

med_gallery_17883_2797_192388.jpg524

med_gallery_17883_3112_161271.jpgrmweb3369repaint45

med_gallery_17883_3112_135533.jpg

but...he's not the right shape....and not skinny enough...so take one file.....

and the poor thing looks like he's been tarred and feathered!!!!!!!! We know he's a bird but this is a step too far.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_83170.jpg

so hack at him with a knife and try not to dismember him!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3112_305262.jpg

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 5

now they may be rough....but they are certainly ready.....

the tissue paper off a Hornby loco....

med_gallery_17883_3112_339601.jpgrmweb3374repaint50

you may notice a hole in the blue cape...i was a bit rough and a bit wet when painting but ...it will be folded and windswept so am hoping to hide the damage.....

some superglue....on each neck and on Del boys feet....

med_gallery_17883_3112_19415.jpgrmweb3375repaint51

once this paint is dry, a touch up, and out on the layout to see if we can over come the terrible figures...and my iffy paint job...

med_gallery_17883_3112_246693.jpg

actually the Boy Wonder is better than you can see....

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

And I am about to build a back alley for them to run down.....

and before anyones imagination goes wild....we are not doing Gotham......

this is the Only Fools and Horse Version......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=93bAdEf0pzc#t=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=93bAdEf0pzc#t=124

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1