New row of shops added to 'Earl's Court'

Very atmospheric,an ideal subject for a model, but I wouldn't fancy building all those shop interiors!

Cheers.

Allan

The shops have interior lighting which shows even more detail, especially in the pub. I took these pictures without the layout set up. I'll try to take some with the lighting 'on' so you can see inside more clearly. I really enjoyed making the row, including the interiors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Superb modelling Terry, those shops are a masterpiece.  I can't tell from the photos what scale it is, a certain sign of excellent modelling.

Please can I ask how you did the Signwriting for the shops?  I've attempted it in Microsoft Word, with only mediocre results.

All the best,

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Superb modelling Terry, those shops are a masterpiece.  I can't tell from the photos what scale it is, a certain sign of excellent modelling.

Please can I ask how you did the Signwriting for the shops?  I've attempted it in Microsoft Word, with only mediocre results.

All the best,

Dave.

Hi Dave

They are 4mm

I use a very old and basic program called iPhoto Express. I use it for creating new signs from scratch (coloured background with text added) and also for adding pictures or reducing real signs etc. The interiors use items created in the same way. The wallpaper shop window display was created by copying various photos of real wallpapers, then reducing them to a similar size and putting them together. 

Thanks for the interest. The layout is booked for exhibition..... see        http://ecmr.webs.com/news-exhibition-dates

Terry

fantastic. I saw this one at East Grinstead earlier in the year and thought it was terrific. any photos with the shops on the layout? :)

I will post some additional photo's as soon as time permits. 

I really enjoyed the East Grinstead show.

Terry

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you.

I really enjoyed making them. I don't have a favourite either!

If you have a look at my website     ecmr.webs.com          and go to the news/exhibition page you will see where I'm exhibiting over the next year or so. If you ever get the chance say hello.

Terry

Nice work. I did a record shop a while back with ALL the 7" & 12" records, posters to 4mm scale, even my brother and cousin behind the counter the shop next door is a burnt out remnants. so I understand the scaling tediousness.... good work keep it up ...

Archived