North Haston

Chris, 

RailPace June has a nice 2 page spread on the Pan Am excursion over the former B&M mainline earlier this year. The two FP9's look beautiful, of course - I really want two in that livery with the old Pan Am globe on the nose...

There's also a small dedicated section devoted to Pan Am near the back of the mag that details loco's on movements etc.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

I will be starting another project shortly which will have a number of trees on it

I'll do a photo shot as I progress if that's Okay

IMHO, that would be more that "okay."  Do let us know if you start another thread though.

Thanks,

Damin.

P.S. love the new arrival.

Guys

Just a heads up North Haston will be heading north next Feburary

I have just revived an invite to take it the Modelrail Scotland

Must get the Conneticut Southern amd Pan Am stock stored for the three day show

I'm thinking Conneticut Southern on the Friday

Guilford on the Saturday and Pan Am on the Sunday.

Might even had the Pam Am F-Units ready by then.

Edited by Chris Gilbert

I've had the same problem with sellers in the States not posting to the UK. I've never been given a reason?

I can understand to a certain extent why they won't ship over here. I sold once to a buyer in France and it was nothing but trouble. Plus they have a big enough market in the US I suppose.

Blooming frustrating for us all the same....

Lowell Hill, that's my branch! Thats the first video footage ive seen of it, so much more info.

Ive also been considering a module based on the M&L.

Ive been looking for a U18B. I'm sure you'll find one before me!

Edited by Talltim

Lowell Hill, that's my branch! Thats the first video footage ive seen of it, so much more info.

Ive also been considering a module based on the M&L.

Ive been looking for a U18B. I'm sure you'll find one before me!

Intermountain do a really nice U18B but again sadly you'll have to look over in the States

There might be a number of reasons that folks in the US aren't interested in shipping to other countries.  They might think it's a huge hassle (it's not).  They may have been burned previously (I have, thanks Canada Post!).  Or they might simply be lazy.  

I have sold trains, toy tractors, and farm equipment brochures/literature to more countries than I can remember.  The ONLY problem I have ever had was shipping to Canada.  Simple transaction, an Atlas Undec RS-1.  I shipped it, USPS tracking showed it entering Canada and then *poof*, it's gone.  Frustrating.  I wound up being out $60 or $70 and the locomotive.  I did take a break from shipping outside the US but it didn't last.  I was just frustrated.  Sometimes the simplest thing to do is what Chris did, asked a friend over here to bid for him.  Don't give up, not all US sellers have a fear of filling out a Customs form.

Jason

Edited by DelawareAndHudson
  • Like 1

Intermountain do a really nice U18B but again sadly you'll have to look over in the States

Yeah, there were couple on eBay about 6 months ago, but I didn't have any money then. Of course now I suspect I would be bidding against Chris!