The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Tortured by Agnetha

jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if anyone else has had as bad a day as I've had.   I made the terrible mistake of watching the documentary about Agnetha on BBC1 last night.

As a result even though the day should have been a good one, (Riding various rail rtoutes round the Southampton area) I found that I couldn't stop my mind wandering to dreams of a certain rear encased in very tight white fabric.   At the very least there should have been a health warning for those of a certain age who always wanted THAT poster on their wall. (Next to the one of the tennis player.).

All in all it's been a very distrubing day.

Jamie

What a great lady and I look forward to the live performance with Mr G Barlow :music:

Definitely a disturbing day as you so succinctly put it :jester: BBC I-player then tonight ??

I wonder if anyone else has had as bad a day as I've had.   I made the terrible mistake of watching the documentary about Agnetha on BBC1 last night.

As a result even though the day should have been a good one, (Riding various rail rtoutes round the Southampton area) I found that I couldn't stop my mind wandering to dreams of a certain rear encased in very tight white fabric.   At the very least there should have been a health warning for those of a certain age who always wanted THAT poster on their wall. (Next to the one of the tennis player.).

All in all it's been a very distrubing day.

Jamie

My ol' Pappy used to say,...

" Never make plans.   You never know who, or what, gets in the way"

• RMweb Gold

Isn't it funny how the passage of time makes people admit things they wouldn't have when they were a teenager.Its fashionable now to like Abba but when I was a teenager in the late 70s it was all punk and male fronted bands except Blondie.To have said you liked Abba or Agnetha would have been seen as being 'square'

How much for seeing a reformed Abba concert.

The only memories that the sound of Abba brings back to me is sitting in the bar of the Archer Arms (a pub close to Plymouth North Road station) drinking draught Bass and eating pork scratchings whilst a collection of prominent local enthusiasts were bemoaning the demise of the Westerns - very loudly - I believe they described it as a wake.

ABBA were always cool, can remember several punk/new wave gigs where as part of the 'warm up' ABBA was played, ...........the Clash with Mikey Dread, Cardiff Sophia Gardens, 2000 odd doooods in bondage strides all singing Fernando !!!!!!

Now any real fan will know the two best ABBA songs ever........Happy Hawaii ( also known as why did it have to be me) and of course the superb..........MY LOVE MY LIFE!

Signed me, the bondage stride wearing Abbaholic lol!!!!!

The only memories that the sound of Abba brings back to me is sitting in the bar of the Archer Arms (a pub close to Plymouth North Road station) drinking draught Bass and eating pork scratchings whilst a collection of prominent local enthusiasts were bemoaning the demise of the Westerns - very loudly - I believe they described it as a wake.

I like a lot of teenagers in the 70s used to record diesel locos, I had a problem with the tape recorder on one occasion and I ended up with a tape of Abba dubbed over Westerns departing from Reading. The best of both worlds or just surreal?

Guest Gloria Sass

a duet? fine, but with gary barlow? gimme(gimme gimme) a break :O

i mean, did you see the way he fawned over her?

personally i would have told him to combine sex and travel

• RMweb Premium

a duet? fine, but with gary barlow? gimme(gimme gimme) a break :O

i mean, did you see the way he fawned over her?

personally i would have told him to combine sex and travel

Was that his plan?

Guest Gloria Sass

the way it seemed to me skipepsi was that being infront of camera's, it would be hard for her to refuse, besides, she did record her vocals when he was not there,

The Goons always did make jokes about how easy it was to get an OBE, barlow proves that right,,

Guest Gloria Sass

My ol' Pappy used to say,...

" Never make plans.   You never know who, or what, gets in the way"

Spike Milligan -  'We dont have a plan so nothing can go wrong'

Guest Gloria Sass

From the topic title I thought for a nanosecond that Warners were diversifying into a different on line market niche and might want my card details.

wishful thinking eh Cary? :girldevil:

• RMweb Premium

From the topic title I thought for a nanosecond that Warners were diversifying into a different on line market niche and might want my card details.

You should be so lucky so very lucky sorry thats  a SAW tune......

While you're all fighting over Agnetha, I think I'd be quite happy to grow old along with Frida. "Not the Nine O'Clock" news had a skit on ABBA back in the 70s (when I was already some way past teenagerhood) with Mel Smith as Frida. Their parody included the line "One of us is ugly, one of us is cute" - and they didn't mean Bjorn or Benny, either. I never forgave Smith for that.

Guest Gloria Sass

i think i remember that, little east finchley boy scout, mel smith was never that funny, or funny at all!!!

While you're all fighting over Agnetha, I think I'd be quite happy to grow old along with Frida. "Not the Nine O'Clock" news had a skit on ABBA back in the 70s (when I was already some way past teenagerhood) with Mel Smith as Frida. Their parody included the line "One of us is ugly, one of us is cute" - and they didn't mean Bjorn or Benny, either. I never forgave Smith for that.

Funny how your mind play tricks...It was Griff Rhys jones as Frida.  I was always a Frida fan, but enjoyed seeing Agnetha again..

Oh, I forgot to mention my favourite Abba track ......

'Another town, another train' - of course, from the 'Ring, ring' CD....er, it could have been an LP :scratchhead: 

Careful lads, we're treading on hallowed ground here.

As I sit in a supermarket car park waiting for SWMBO's trolley to appear, I often have Abba blaring away.

Amazing how many people smile and start bopping back to their vehicles.

"Winner takes it all" is my favourite in the shower.

I never understood why she took up with that weird stalker.

Archived