Locomotive portraits

chaz

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a different placement - on the road !!

Dean Forest Railway's slope tanked prairie 5541 crossing the road up from Lydney Docks and just entering Lydney Junction.

Edited to correct description to prairie.

_DSC0223_zps3yhujy2i.jpg

Edited by ParkeNd
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hi,everyone. Here is Stanier 'Black Five' 45231 ''The Sherwood Forester'' at Scarborough on 28th August, 2008. It was about to depart on the 'Scarborough Spa Express'.

post-22631-0-54115400-1437513334_thumb.jpg

Enjoy,

With regards,

Market65.

• Like 7

Going thro' some pics taken during various cruises over the past few years, I came up with this interesting loco ( and interesting valve gear ?). Cant remember where it was, it wasn't noted at the time, but could be one of the Canary Islands, taken from our cabin balcony - possibly (?), and no idea what the origin of the loco was, but think it may be a Henschel ?

post-7336-0-79519000-1438272290.jpg

Edited by bike2steam
  • Like 3

Going thro' some pics taken during various cruises over the past few years, I came up with this interesting loco ( and interesting valve gear ?). Cant remember where it was, it wasn't noted at the time, but could be one of the Canary Islands, taken from our cabin balcony - possibly (?), and no idea what the origin of the loco was, but think it may be a Henschel ?

attachicon.gifall from D90 137.JPG

It is a Henschel, one of five built in 1924 and shipped over to Tenerife to help pull stone from a quarry near Santa Cruz de Tenerife during construction of the port. It's the only survivor and is on display at Highway Carretera de San Andrés.

post-17811-0-15997100-1438326254.jpg

By CARLOS TEIXIDOR CADENAS http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0

• Like 3