Locomotive portraits

chaz

A class 03 as engine No. 2113, the "D" prefix having been removed by this time, this time being, as far as I remember, summer of '78. I originally thought the location was Whitby, but the clue is the nameplate over the radiator which reads "Scarborough". Scan of a B & W photo.

Regards to all,

Cliff

post-2411-0-07734400-1444490014_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peppercorn
  • Like 3

post-2411-0-88834800-1445070913_thumb.jpgpost-2411-0-74888000-1445071321_thumb.jpgI don't think we've had a 455 EMU, so when I came across this photo thought I'd post it. I can't remember when I took it, but can see that it was at Hertford East, probably in the mid eighties. I remember the camera, though which was a really old Zenit that, I found, had a tendency to tear film apart. Not a great photo, but, I think interesting in the context of being "an everyday scene". I scanned this from a 15 x 10 cm BW print, if I come across the negative I may be able to squeeze out a better shot. Oh, and the motor car (is that the correct term?)  too

Cliff

Edited by Peppercorn
  • Like 4

Consolidation in Calais, summer 66, taken from an adjacent train on my way to Grenoble. Obviously wishing I'd taken more...

Scanned from a 15 x 10 cm photo itself from a Kodachrome slide (which is somewhere on these premises)

Cliff

post-2411-0-42225100-1445073004_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peppercorn
  • Like 7

Mogul at Eastleigh. Very poor photo - sorry - but thought you might like to see it anyway.

Cliff

Looks to my eye, to be a (K-Class rebuild) U class, so fast forwarding a little...

post-20657-0-29021300-1445120754_thumb.jpg

U Class 31806, awaiting departure with a demonstration freight service at Swanage during the Autumn Steam Gala, 17th Oct 2015.

Regards,

Matt

Edited by TheSoutherner

One of those classic scenes now so sadly passed away. Pity the photographer couldn't have got this one more tightly focussed. In my defence, I'd borrowed a camera from a friend for this trip and wasn't as familiar as I should have been. Somehow, though, although I knew I was looking at something was passing yet part of me thought it'd still be there for another visit.

Somewhere in the Midlands, 65 or 66. Two versions, one cropped, the other not; couldn't decide which was better

Cliff

post-2411-0-73258500-1445178836_thumb.jpg

post-2411-0-01901000-1445178891_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

60009 and admirers at Waverley a fortnight ago, ready to take the empty stock from her excursion to Tweedbank back to Millerhill, a necessity what with Craigentinny carriage sidings being somewhat unrecognisable these days.

Right loco, right stock, right place or damn close to it, the new platform 1, overhead knitting and modern platform furniture spoiling the image somewhat.

The enduring attractiveness of steam amongst the general public never ceases to amaze me, with countless folk visible at the lineside and on the stations waiting to see number 9 run past on what is (at the moment) a repeat itinerary train.

Most if not all of these trains were fully booked, so here's to more of the same next Summer! What with the limitations of the track layout, the dream pairing would be an A4 one way and a certain A2 the other - if only!

post-9382-0-92274000-1445203103_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

What happened to 4464's valances? Already removed as a precursor to overhaul?

Prevent damage due to loading gauges as well as easing maintenance I suspect.