Locomotive portraits

chaz

An old, old shot, this, at Willesden MPD in Autumn 1963 on a dull day (they always were, I seem to remember) taken with a Kodak box camera. As a bad workman, I'll just say that I think that camera was cr*p. But, on the other hand, it was probably the boy behind the camera wot's to blame. It does kind of show it how it was, though.

Cliff

Another one, bike2steam - note the tell-tale shape of the smoke deflectors! Same visit - perhaps that's you to the left of the BR standard

Lovely shots but have they been scanned the wrong way round? Just looking at the hinges on the smokebox doors.....

Jon F.

37420 in the wee small hours at Holyhead ready to leave for Birmingham, but the date escapes me. Scanned from a print. I think the original exposure was something like 5 minutes at F22 on a tripod. I walked down the road alongside the train and filled in with the flashgun about 20 times!

JF

post-7179-0-58132000-1448038288_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Lovely shots but have they been scanned the wrong way round? Just looking at the hinges on the smokebox doors.....

Jon F.

Just gone back over them ( posts #758 & 761 ), and yes you're right, they are the wrong way round, in that case the first was taken facing the round-house. I should've looked closer - doh.

• Like 1

A couple at Chester Station taken on 16/8/2004

37706 plus friend on the empty log train from Shotton paper mill to Warrington Arpley

post-7179-0-84034600-1448057251_thumb.jpg

47853 on a Llandudno - Manchester Piccadilly service

post-7179-0-30925900-1448057236_thumb.jpg

Jon F

Edited by Jon Fitness
  • Like 5

And the total opposite of my last post....

Turkish steam in April 1983. 44017 at (I think) Gumusgen, a G8 class 0-8-0 preparing to work a passenger train to (again, I think) Egirdir.

post-7179-0-79122500-1448057996_thumb.jpg

JF

Edit to change station names..still not sure till I dig out my notes from then..

Edited by Jon Fitness
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...