CHESTNUT ROAD                                             OO GAUGE DCC SOUND                                               PRESENT DAY

The layout size is 16ft x 9 ft with a viewing area of 16ft x 3ft.

Chestnut Road is a fictitious location set in the present day based around the Midlands.  The location is based on a medium sized container depot with a depot and fuelling point set in an industrial location with passing  freight and passenger services to keep interest.   

The locomotives are from the major manufacturers (Bachmann, Hornby), Classes 08 – 67 while the odd DMU can also be seen.   

The rolling stock is also from the major manufacturers; the freight that can be seen on the layout varies from containers, china clay, engineers and Network Rail test trains, plus many more.

All the scenery and buildings are all off the shelf items from Bachmann, Hornby, and Woodland Scenics.

The fiddle yard can hold approximately fifteen trains so there is plenty of variety to keep your interest.

post-16685-0-72272100-1374132621_thumb.jpg

post-16685-0-72989000-1374132682_thumb.jpg

There should be some more drs arriving in the next week a 37/6 and a 37/0. I'll try and get some more photos when the layout is set up so i can get to the front, at leyland in a fortnight. Cheers for the comments

Andrew

Probably 6 or 7 when the new ones arrive

Awsome!! ive just started project using few spare "Bachmann drs 37409" body shells,im using P&H  37 nose fronts,renumbering and wiring in wipack lamps :no:

I would like drs 37606 and 37423 :locomotive:  :locomotive:

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update

Starting the final operator training today then its, pack up and get ready to set off on Friday to Leyland model railway exhibition.  Class 37038 has returned from being on lone to my uncle so ill get sound fitted this week, but the 37/6 looks like a let down been told it is to be delivered on Friday after ive set off so that a disappointment.  I hope to see some of you there 

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived