The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

A famous ophthalmic surgeon was due to retire, so his colleagues decided to get him a special present - a portrait of himself. One of their number visited a local painter to explain what they wanted. "It's a bit unusual," he said. "We'd like his face painted in the pupil of an eye, to show what a contribution he's made to the field of ophthalmology."

The painter burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" the doctor asked aggrieved. "We thought it was a lovely idea." 

"It is," replied the painter. "It's just lucky that he isn't a gynaecologist."

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

I got a {very polite and quiet} telling off, by the Group Captain, for having very long hair, whilst running a Test Team which tried to infiltrate RAF Units, in order to check their security.  He said that he understood that from time to time, we would use civilian attire for the work and longer hair was acceptable - but - hair well past the collar all round, was pushing it.   I got my hair cut!

My Squadron boss in Germany in the early 70s once sent for me to attend his office. When I went in he held out a ten mark note so I asked him what it was for. "Well David," he said, "You're obviously too poor to afford a haircut." I took the hint.

Dave

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

My Squadron boss in Germany in the early 70s once sent for me to attend his office. When I went in he held out a ten mark note so I asked him what it was for. "Well David," he said, "You're obviously too poor to afford a haircut." I took the hint.

Dave

Someone I know was given a birthday present by his employer. He unwrapped it and exclaimed, 'It's a bar of Lifebuoy soap!' 'Yes,' replied the boss, 'you smell.'

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 4

For a long time there has been a campaign to have a "Groan" among the "Like" options. It's here now, well-used and I've been the proud recipient of a few. 

But using it causes me problems. I've had more than one terse message from the forum moderator warning me about misuse of it.

Mind you, it was the forum moderator of "DCC Help & Questions".

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

6 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

My great nephew tells me it is fashionable not to wear socks.

Dave

Depends on what else you are wearing.

Socks with trainers has become a no no over the last few years.

Sock with sandals should be punishable by putting in the stocks and tickling the feet. Serial offenders will have longer amounts of tickling.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

My Squadron boss in Germany in the early 70s once sent for me to attend his office. When I went in he held out a ten mark note so I asked him what it was for. "Well David," he said, "You're obviously too poor to afford a haircut." I took the hint.....

Did you take the ten mark note too?

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

THE NEW BABY
With all the new technology regarding fertility, an 88-year-old woman was able to give birth to a baby recently.
When she was discharged from the hospital and went home, various relatives came to visit. 'May we see the new baby?'one of them asked.
'Not yet,' said the mother. 'I'll make coffee and we can visit for a while first.'
Another half hour passed before another relative asked, 'May we see the new baby now?'
'No, not yet,' said the mother.
A while later and again the guests asked, 'May we see the baby now?'
'No, not yet,' replied the mother.
Growing impatient, they asked, 'Well, when can we see the baby?'
'When it cries!' she told them.
'When it cries?' they gasped. 'Why do we have to wait until it cries?'
'Because, I forgot where I put it.'

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 12