The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Chum of mine has a husband who is a yottie, and according to him the offside rule and cricket pale into insignificance compared to sailing race rules.  If you watch a race, you assume that the boat that crosses the finishing line first is the winner, allowing for class and assuming it has kept to the course, but apparently what actually happens is that they all go out to race, and when they come back, the real competition is held in the club committee room as each skipper registers complaints that all the others have cheated, failed to give way, missed bouys, flown the wrong flags/burgees, worn the wrong tie, failed to illuminate their navigation lights in broad daylight or anything else they can think of.  The cup goes to the skipper who buys the club secretary the most gin and tonics at the club bar as everything descends into a drunken haze and the barmaid is the only one left capable of ordering the taxis.

I read an interesting book KEELHAULED about the Americas Cup, lots of funny stuff there.

3 hours ago, NorthBrit said:

Offside in football  is simple.

By pointing you are offside.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54855596

Even worse than that was Bobby's armpit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/7c3b84d3-144e-4641-9ebe-6296bfb696cd

When the Premier League had to have a press release explaining it you can tell they were getting it wrong.....

With well over half a Century's experience in sport, football is the one where the players are continuously obliged to remind the Referee that the Laws apply, only to the opposition.   :jester:

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Right now, this asda stop!

Just now, CHAZ D said:

I aint Budgen.

If you're going to Spar at each other like that, you need to give us Morrisons*...

Morrisons = more reasons. Feeble, and getting feebler. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Right now, this asda stop!

Agreed; there is no Safe Way for it to continue...

4 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

In the words of Peter Gabriel - Thankful for her FIne Fare Discount, Tess Co-operates!

Not with me, she doesn't...

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I thought my wife was about to make a horrible mistake and buy some meat that wasn't Free-Range, Pasture-Fed 100% Certified Organic from British Farms.

I shouted down the supermarket isle at her .... Wait Rose!

Well done, sir; I’ve been trying to wangle that one into the thread all afternoon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1