Arriva Trains Wales 67 set

valeofyork

Is there a list of what Dapol are going to be producing with regard to the above? 67003 on its own has been listed a while on Hattons, etc, and there have been mentions of Mk3 coaches. The current edition of Rail Express has a pre-production picture of 67001 plus a DVT and RFM, and mentions a train pack, but this doesn't appear to be listed on any retailers sites.

So is the intention to do similar to the WSMR set - i.e. in this case a book set of 67001 / DVT / two Mk3b TSOs, and a twin pack of the other Mk3b TSO, and the Mk3a RFM? Will 67003 still be produced for sale as a separate item?

Thanks

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Noticed the photo for the Hattons bookset shows two mk3s and the RFB, whilst the blurb states that it includes two mk3s. Seems like good value either way.

• RMweb Gold

HI  Noticed that as well but pic has been around on Dapol website before and in very small print images says pre production set - these vehicles have run on Chester club layout at Dapol openday and was kindly lent to Warley club Broadwater Junction at Warley NEC 2013 show and they do look lovely ! Hopefully not three far away ! Should be easy to renumber 67 given 001 -003 in ATW plain livery and seen on other work form time to time and stock has strayed once or twice off route.  

Robert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well it arrived almost two years earlier than njee20's guess!

Only problem is, I for one won't be buying one, as the 67 is flawed. As per the prototype, It is basically entirely green with a grey roof yet the only real printed detail of note they have managed to mess up. The cabside and cab front numbers are the wrong size, wrong font and (possibly) in slightly the wrong position. For something costing the best part of £170 rrp (without the additional two coaches), there's no way I'm buying one to attack it with T-cut and put the numbers back on as transfers. I don't think transfers exist anyway.

Shame!

• RMweb Gold

I have one on order from Hattons but had an email that it won't be delivered till next year. However Plus Daughters had a set today for a similar price to Hattons. They don't have it anymore!!

It's now had the couplings changed decoders fitted. Will do a bit of studying of my photos of the prototype then do the Modifications required before it operates on the Wrexham to Wembley rugby special

Robert, would you be able to post some images of your 67? I only saw one at a crowded exhibition trade stall, but it definitely looked wrong to me. 

The numbers should be in the DB style (see pic https://flic.kr/p/o2arpm) which is quite bold and square compared to the standard TOPS style which Dapol seem to have used. I also find all their numbers to be slightly 'light' and underscale, the DVT is a good example of this

• RMweb Gold

However Plus Daughters had a set today for a similar price to Hattons........

It's now hAd the couplings changed decoders fitted. Will do a bit of studying of my photos of the prototype then do the Mofifications required before it operates on the Wrexham to Wembley rubpgby special

whats plus daughters?

if you do a wrexham to wembley special you'll need 2 67s (although this is a footy special)

E472E355-1449-4814-B870-98A704E523D8.jpg

CED1D875-FC4B-4D98-9208-F3093075BF5F.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Jim

They are a trader who sell N scale at shows.

As it happens the set from Hattons is also on its way despite them emailing me to say that they wont arrive till next year!!

So I will have 2 locos and 4 coaches plus a spare DVT to do the excursion with the two additional coaches coimng later to make that complete train.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gang , will get some pics later having seen request.  The type face is not quite right and is a light but the block white would look very stark so I think model a good compromise. The face numbers look spot on however! Coaches have a pale grey dot for the CDL which is more subtle than a splash of orange - only look like that when stopped ! so again a good choice. The buffet car is fun as pics at Dapol and on web show it running for a while with out the yellow and red stripes applied . currently model pics and livery sample seen at open day - as won by a lucky member in a draw !! show it with out but easy to add transfers or bowpen a line on to  get a current scene model but nobody at open day spotted it to my hearing - I sat alongside display cabinet with a demo.

Runs a treat with lighting ok on loco and DVT.  Hopefully the WAG second set will get an airing shortly given discussion on North wales loco haul to Manchester making a come back!  

Great set go out an buy or miss it !!

Robert

Archived