EM Gauge Website Problem

C7/2 732

I hope this is the right place to mention this.

I tried googling the EM Gauge Society website, and when I click the link I'm directed to Google Brazil.

I was trying to find out information regarding Expo EM North.

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

I can't connect at all. I click the link and the website address changes to either Google Brazil, or a website about Chillis!

Can you connect when you use a search engine other than Google?  If you can, it may be your computer at fault and you may have a Google Redirect Virus.

DT

Can you connect when you use a search engine other than Google?  If you can, it may be your computer at fault and you may have a Google Redirect Virus.

DT

Hmmm not sure will have to check.

I have a Mac and generally have no trouble with viruses, plus others have commented the EMGs website is showing as virus detected.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, there certainly seems to be a problem with the EMGS website, not your computer.  Go straight to the site by putting in www.emgs.org and everything's fine.  Go into it via Google and you get Something Entirely Different.  Bing is also redirected, so it's not just Google.

DT

It looks to me a fault in the use of ajax.googleapis.com (nasty stuff) if you block it through blocking javascript it works just fine. Allow the googleapix functionality and you get redirected to strange places. This is not always a fault of the "googleapis" code more often a fault in its implementation. Better to do without it altogether - like so many of these things it is open to abuse.

If I was a member of EMGS i might be quite upset with the title of this thread when there is clearly nothing wrong with the site.

It didn't appear to exist when I posted the original thread. It worked ok for me earlier but clearly there had been a problem. I will edit the thread.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Archived