Bachmann Collectors Club Limited Editions Summer '13

Matabiau

Hi, Oz!

Mine arrived in rural Norfolk, UK today. Hope this helps!

Richard.

ditto in London

Thanks to you both.

We'll see how long it takes the magazine to cross the seas this quarter. Postage was very problematic a couple of quarters ago but the club reacted positively and fixed it.

Huge thanks to RMweb collectively for disseminating the news about the special editions. Not wanting to wait for a paper form, I placed my first online order with Bachmann's website. It was a bit clumsy getting set up (I had not previously given them my email address) but they did a nice job of sorting out the no VAT/overseas postage issue that most online UK retailers find problematic. 

Thanks Andy. A quick search on Google doesn't provide any photos of prussian blue 4Fs in preservation. The two that have steamed in preservation don't have the same tender as the model, as for the third, 44123 at the Avon Railway, I'm not sure it even has a tender!

Of the four 4F's only 43924 is a Midland built loco, the other three are LMS built, so have Fowler Tenders. Having said that only 44422 has left hand drive (as per Hornby model) so the other two could be produced by Bachmann. (4)4027, the NRM example, currently under overhaul at Glos & Warks, could be a candidate for another NRM exclusive, Locomotion please note!

I had email confirmation of my order (placed 2.9.13) this morning so expect delivery in the next few days.

As far as the Stanier Mogul is concerned they don't even seem to have got to the development stage yet according to the Bachmann Times so I don't expect to see it before 2015. There is also no mention of the V1/V3 tank, SECR Birdcage Stock, Thompson Coaches or the Class 24/1 either.

For N gauge modelers the first EP's of the Midland 4F are on the Bachmann site today. Looks good.

Mine arrived yesterday and very smart it looks too!

The blue is very slightly lighter than the Jinty produced by Bachmann in the spring and about the same as the limited edition 7F. The Jinty is almost black. The fact that the 4F and the 7F are lined may have something to do with my perception of the colour.

What is certain is that the blue of Hornby's loco drive 2P is much lighter.

It is nice to have 4 locos in S&DJR blue even if all but the 2P never carried it in S&DJR days.

Ordered mid-week last week and arrived today. 4F is 424/504 so if you're wanting one I would order quickly!

I had a go at taking photos with my new (to me) DSLR. I've not learnt how to use it yet but here are the results:

post-7423-0-91831900-1379351128_thumb.jpg

post-7423-0-08589300-1379351144_thumb.jpg

post-7423-0-44164300-1379351134_thumb.jpg

They will be sitting in my glass fronted office cupboard for the next few weeks before I can take them down south to join the S&DJR Jinty and SE&CR C class (and partially built 'Dance Hall' brake van).

• RMweb Premium

Ordered mid-week last week and arrived today. 4F is 424/504 so if you're wanting one I would order quickly!

I wouldn't read too much into your certificate number. Unless Bachmann has changed how they work, the certificates are already in the boxes before despatch so are issued randomly.

Has anyone else tried contacting the Collectors Club recently?  One number just rings, and rings, and rings   The other listed is not recognised by BT!  They issued me with a club number, and that is not being recognised by their log -in system.  I've sent them a suitably worded email, but as yet no reply either!

Do I really want to be a member of a club with such poor standards of service?  I'm having my doubts!

RE: Bachmann Collectors Club...

I recently tried, (20 minutes ago) to renew my subscription - it was out of date and no reminder sent.

I tried logging in on the 'renew subscription' page but it would not let me.

So I tried to log in normally and was promptly told that my subscription was out of date, and that the club pages were now inaccessible to me, and would I like to renew?

Which miraculously I was now able to do..

Sometimes the old adage works - If one way does not work try another...

I must admit that whilst I'm very happy with the end result, it was a bit of hassle signing up to the BCC. I did it all online but took me a few days from first trying to be able to get my membership, then another day or two to be able to order both of the products that I wanted.

To be fair to them, they have just announced two exciting products which seem to be selling incredibly quickly and will therefore be under a lot more pressure than they are used to!

Hold tight, its well worth it in the end!

Apparently there was a 'computer glitch' which knocked out all their systems for a large chunk of the day.  I finally spoke to a BCC person who facilitated my membership registration herself and I've now ordered the SECR wagons!

She also told me that next month their website will be re-launched with a 'much improved and more stable' set-up.

After a impressive first  membership year which has been very good value. Recieved 4 magazines ,nice wagon ,excellent calendar and a free day trip on the Blubell I have renewed by post (renewal form was in the last magazine I recieved). I will admit to be being pleasantly surprised cost last year £26 and the same this year, the day at the Bluebell Day alone was worth a minimum of £20.

Today a email confirming reciept of cheque arrived so all round well done Bachmann.

We'll see how long it takes the magazine to cross the seas this quarter. Postage was very problematic a couple of quarters ago but the club reacted positively and fixed it.

For what it's worth, my magazine arrived yesterday - about two weeks after they were distributed in England. The Collectors Club responded nicely with a better postage option.

Now I have to train my mail carrier not to twist and mangle it into the letter box.

Am hoping the 4F arrives soon too.

EDIT - and it did, today (September 19)

For those thinking of ordering the 4F get in soon, Bachmann sent out an email today advising they have 75 left - this will now be a maximum of 74 as this was the incentive I needed to order. Mine will soon join my 7F double heading LMS coaching stock :locomotive:

Did the S&D have any Midland 3Fs and if so, given the popularity of the S&DJR 4F, is it likely that a matching 3F will be forthcoming from Bachmann? I seem to remember seeing a photo somewhere of a 3F painted in mock S&D livery in the 1950s for the centenary of the Highbridge branch.

Did the S&D have any Midland 3Fs and if so, given the popularity of the S&DJR 4F, is it likely that a matching 3F will be forthcoming from Bachmann? I seem to remember seeing a photo somewhere of a 3F painted in mock S&D livery in the 1950s for the centenary of the Highbridge branch.

This would be a good idea, especially if it did happen, even if it was the 1950s. It would be a similar to the Hornby Collector's club's LSWR T9, which represented the locomotive during its railtour days, rather than in a true LSWR condition. I feel that it would be a good contender for a limited edition.

However, BCC's special editions have however been quite diverse - seeing the same livery twice is unlikely, let alone seeing it on a very similar class of locomotive.

My search mainly provided me with photos of the latest Jinty release, but also this interesting former ebay bid:

Archived