Railex 2014 Aylesbury 24th & 25th May 2014

David Bigcheeseplant

• RMweb Gold

We do have free parking at the stadium although this does tend to get very busy, we have also hired Stoke Mandeville staff car park which our stewards will direct you to once the main car park is full and give you a parking permit. you can also use the hospital car parks but these charge by the hour, or park on the roads around Elm Farm Road and walk under the tunnel direct to the stadium.

If parking in the stadium car park ignore the signs about the limit on parking time we will have the camera that do this switched off.

As they say in some instructions "for best results" we do suggest the visitors park in Friars Croft (not Friars Square) car park and get our free green routemaster bus from the railway station car park to Railex.

We plan to sell Railex tickets on the bus on the first few trips on the Saturday morning saving people time buying them at the stadium.

As soon as we know the new Chiltern Railway timetables we will post our bus times on here, we will put on more bus trips during the Saturday morning as last year the first few trip were very busy.

David

David,

Chiltern's times are already available on the 'net for 24 & 25 May and can be found by enquiring here -

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

The Friars Croft long stay car park never gets full as its a bit further from the shopping centre, but close to the station and our bus. It a big blue multi story on the road to Morrison super market.

We will look at the new Chiltern Railways timetable and put together out bus timetable so it works well with the train departures and arrivals.

• RMweb Premium

I was told as from 2015 Expo EM will move back a week so there will be two or three weeks between Expo and Railex depending on how the calendar falls, which I think will benefit both shows.

That will throw a spanner in the works as Expo EM falls on my weekend off at the moment and I can usually wangle a couple of days off for Railex, now I will have to choose one or the other.

SS

.....discounted Railex tickets....

It occurs to me that, for single adults, once you add the cost of posting the advance ticket form, plus the cost of your SAE, it actually works out more expensive than turning up on the day and paying at the door.....

We have had a royal mail increase in postage since the tickets first went on sale, and although now a single advance ticket does not offer a saving most of the advance tickets requested are for groups which does give a discount.

We do also have discounted Railex tickets that can be brought at our smaller show in Risborough in February.

The benefit of an advance ticket is that it avoids the queue at the pay desk,

give you a parking permit.

David, is this really necessary. I am very familiar with the overflow car park area having used it many times and it is easier to drive straight there from south of Aylesbury, rather than dodge the estate, the narrow road past oncoming buses and irate fitness addicts, and then have to weave a way through the stadium car park find a 'warden' to collect a ticket, navigate the narrow road through to oncology, then past all the deserted staff car parks to the boiler house?

The alternative triple walk what is a bit of a trek just to demand request (politely contained exasperation) a ticket off a 'warden' who doesn't seem to understand why - doesn't make a good start to the show.

I was told as from 2015 Expo EM will move back a week so there will be two or three weeks between Expo and Railex depending on how the calendar falls, which I think will benefit both shows.

That's very inconsiderate of them as it will then clash with ALSRM at Reading.

Once again a preponderance of shows in the South with colliding dates, when we have had weeks devoid and they have all been "up-north".

Wish they would pick a date in the clear then stick with it.:(

Kenton you will be pleased to know we have trackplans in the programme for all the layouts.

Whoopee! that's me sold one!

Very annoyed with the folk at NESCOT last weekend, I specifically asked at the desk if the program had track plans and was lied to because after wasting 50p there were none and what was there could have been printed on a side of A4 - needless to say they are off my show list.

Thanks for looking in to the car park issue - I know I'm not the only one who drives straight there.

Looking forward to my visit to the premier show ,thanks also for the phone call telling me I had won the draw from last years questionare  on the bus so its going to be good to walk straight in ,thanks lads and the show looks great. Chris

Is this better, all the layouts traders and demos will know there numbers

1. Railex Information Point

2. R&D MRC Club stand

3. R&D MRC Second hand stand

4. Parkside Dundas

5. 247 Developments

6. Wizard Models

7. All Components

8. C&L Finescale

9. Model Railway Developments

10. Replica Railways

11. D&E Videos Realrack Models

12. Lionheart Trains

13. EDM Models

14. Scale 7 Group

15. Missenden Modellers

16. Eileen's Emporium

17. Wild Swan Publications

18. Radley Models

19. Marc Models

20. Isinglass Models

21. Rural Railways

22. Ian's Trains

23. Unit Models

24. Green Scene

25. Tools 2000

26. Cheltenham Model Centre

27. South Eastern Finecast

28. High Level

29 Alan Gibson

30. Dewsbury Midland

31. Coopercraft

32. Ambis Engineering

33. London Road Models

34. Comet Models

35. Alloa

36. Bradford Gloucester Square

37. PenBits Model Railways

38. Extreme Etches Shawplan

39. Buckminster Ironstone

40. Tower Pier

41. Earls Court

42. Scalefour Society

43. Blackgill

44. Bath Green Park

45. Ynysybwl

46. Dart Castings

47. Hobby Holidays

48. Quainton Road Models

49. Great Central Railway Society

50. Sunningwell Command Control

51. Road Transport Images

52. Priory Books

53. Demos

54. 2mm Scale Association

55. Wadebridge

56. Vale of Oxbury

57. Roger Carpenter

58. N Brass Locos

59. Plus Daughters

60. S Scale Railway Society

61. Cliffhanger

62. Prospect Point

63. Gra Models

64. Golden Arrows

65. Gauge O Guild

66. Ceynix Railway Trees

67. Judith Edge Kits

68. Pendon Museum

69. The Great Train Robbery

70. Factory Lane Sidings

71. Dragon Models

72. Roxey Models

73. Gweek North Quay

74. Whiteoak Light Railway

75. End of the Line

post-186-0-28592900-1398791168_thumb.jpg

Don't go there I have had to adjust things a bit as the dims that were supplied on some layouts forms had to be corrected when I sent out the final letters with the supplied sizes on! Anyway hopefully there is a bit of shuffle space on the day, all stands and layouts have a access point at one end or the other, the plan attached has been adjusted to have blocks rather than the actual setting out.

David

Thanks, I could see the floorplan previously, just thought the pdf link maybe showed more information.

See you on Friday 23rd.

• RMweb Gold

Could you put the numbered list up David, it would be nice to know where everyone else is and who your neighbours are for the weekend.

Jerry

Archived