GREAT BRITISH MODEL RAILWAYS

swisspeat

The latest bookazine from Model Rail is a 132 special covering over two dozen layouts that were photographed by Chris Nevard for the monthly magazine.

This good quality pictorial mag seems to me to be printed on best quality paper and includes some favourite layouts including Dewsbury Midland, Liverpool Lime St, Glenuig, Leamington Spa and more. Scales cover N to O.

Lots of the pictures are new, some have been seen before but they deserve a second viewing. Good quality reproduction of the pictures throughout.

A colourful inspirational publication that includes some track plans.

This is Volume One but it is apparent from the editorial that a sequel is already a possibility. It has a cover price of £4.99.

Someone told me it might make good Bank Holiday reading!

post-11449-0-89788200-1377274343_thumb.jpg

Quick flick through in Smiths then put back on shelf. Nice pictures and paper but nothing new.

I guess if you want something new you'll have to buy a newspaper :D

Smiths sell them as well.

However I have to admit that I've had a flick through and also put it back on the shelf. But I was impressed and didn't buy as I didn't want to carry it around on a pub crawl.

G.

I bought this at Smith's, and found it reasonably interesting and certainly worth £4.99. I do think they would have been better featuring fewer layouts with more pictures of each, however; Some of the layouts have only one photo, which seems a bit pointless really. Whereas there can never be enough photos of Pendon or Dewsbury Midland, for example !

Archived