The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Great lines from movies game

Purley Oaks

'Hyperspace always looks so freaky'

Peter Griffen/Han Solo, Laugh it up, Fuzzball

Peter/Han: "Ha Ha look, the giant chicken is Boba Fett!"

Stewie/Vader: "What, we've run out of our own characters now?"

("Laugh it up Fuzzball part 3 - It's a Trap")

Chris/Luke: "Dear Luke, if my calculations are correct, you should receive this letter at the exact moment the Delorean vanished. I have been living happily for the past six months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt that...-" 1885!? THE DOC'S ALIVE! I mean, he's in the Old West, but he's alive!

("Laugh It Up Fuzzball part 2 - Something Something Something Dark Side"

My favorite line is probably:

Peter/Han: "U

This is a direct quote from 'Empire' but Seth McFarlane makes fun of Harrison Ford's delivery of this line with exaggeration and an extended pause after 'bad'. I promise you'll never watch the "

" the same way again.

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

Back to the Future.

"One point twenty one jiggawatts" still bugs me.

Mr. Strickland: [pushes Marty a little bit] You got a real attitude problem, McFly. You're a slacker. You remind me of your father when he went here. He was a slacker, too.

Marty McFly: [after giving him another earful of loud rock music] Silence, Earthling. My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!

Lionel Jeffries as he lights a clump of dynamite instead of one stick, seeing "Peter Sellers", "Bernard Cribbins" and "David Lodge" running away.................

"Ha! What's up with you lot then? Frightened of a little bang"?

Another scene:- Peter Sellers........."Basket weaving tomorrow Chief"? 

reply by Jeffries............."Basket weaving, I'll get you baskets weaving, don't you worry".

Classic lines from the film  "Two Way Stretch"

Yet another couple of lines from Two Way Stretch:

Ethel (Liz Fraser) to Dodger (Peter Sellers): “five years you've been courting me, and what have I got to show for it? Nothing!”

Dodger: “Well, you've been dead lucky, 'aven't yer.”

Edit: two? five!

Again, not from a film (apologies) but from a BBC Wales comedy series "Satellite City"
set in a fictional South Wales valleys town, starring & written by the brilliant Boyd Clack

Dai the barman: "We've got a new line in crisps"

Gwynne: "Oh yeah?"

Dai: "Yes, Creutzfeldt Jakob flavour"

Coach Phil Menzies wants Dorothy to play alongside the boys in the football team:

Headmaster (Chic Murray):  "One problem area, the showers. What'll happen with the showers?"

Phil (Jake D'Arcy):  "Oh, she'll bring her own soap."

From "Gregory's Girl".

• RMweb Premium

From "Gregory's Girl".

And from the same source

"All that fuss over a bit of t*t."

"Christ, you're worse that my dad. He's old - at least he's got an excuse for being a pr*ck!"

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

OT alert - TV quotes.

And let's open up the Red Dwarf box.

Cat: "Forget Red - let'sgo all the way up to brown alert"

Kryten; "There's no such thing as a brown alert Sir"

Cat: "You won't be saying that in a minute"

And in a similar vein:

Rimmer: "Step up to red alert"

Krtyen: " Are you absolutely sure Sir? It does mean changing the light bulb"

Cheers,

Mick

"I watched you very carefully. Red light - stop, Green light - go, Yellow light - go very fast".

Starman, (Jeff Bridges), having just ran a Yellow / Red traffic signal, driving a Mustang Mach 1, causing mayhem in his wake  

The Grand Banquet scene: as the richly dressed guests enter, we hear Groucho's voice -

“... three hundred and seventy-six, three hundred and seventy-seven, three hundred and seventy-eight … three hundred and eighty-five, three hundred and eighty-six, three hundred and eighty-seven … three hundred and ninety-eight, three hundred and ninety-nine, four hundred.

They all showed up. Looks like no second helpings.”

The Marx Brothers: "At The Circus"

Archived