acg5324

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

It’s been too wet today to spray the decals outside and with the car in the garage that was out of bounds too. Hopefully they’ll get sprayed tomorrow so that they can be applied later in the day.

Very poor show. Why didn't you move the car outside? It's allowed to get wet, after all.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

With apologies to Reggie Perrins B.I.L. Bit of a cock up on the catering front.…….The Thames TV decals had printed out the wrong size and were too big for the lorry, so I’ve had to redo them this morning….just waiting for the varnish to dry.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

These decals are causing me some aggro….second set printed OK and have been sealed but are being a right b*gger to mount. They keep rolling and won’t adhere properly even with help from Decalfix. They even started to crinkle before the Decalfix was added.

Not sure what’s causing this, I might have to get some fresh paper.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Yorkshire NGS meeting tomorrow so I hope to get some work done on one of the buildings then. Might take some stock for weathering too. I also have the two class 47s to renumber and modify too……..no shortage of things to do there.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Well I didn’t get as much done on Saturday as expected. We had visitors from the NGS……and AGM which took all of 10 mins. Much much quicker than the Brighton club!

Anyway I got a missing chimney stack added to the Hand and Flowers and a start made on rear view mirrors for the Thame TVmobile.

As a club we are going to build a T track modular layout to replace the existing club layout. This will make it much easier to move and erect as the elderly membership are having problems getting the existing layout up the stairs…..and no….I don’t count myself in that group…..not just yet! I’ve signed up for two 3ft boards. 

4FC75E83-5DCE-4FFD-A51F-04D8FC065C37.jpeg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

For the first time since about 1990 I fixed something on a car!

Our Ford Kuga is due an MOT at the end of the week. Needless to say something went wrong over the weekend. For the second time all the washer jets have failed. This is a known issue with this model and the last time it was just inside warranty so was replaced by Ford. Gone are the days of using a pin and blowing down the tube from the reservoir to clear the blockage. The pump is in a wheel arch cavity and involves getting a wheel off and removing the wheel arch cover. Fortunately the known fault is with the nozzles. They are seriously over engineered with non return valves, which is the bit that fails……and heating elements. The heating bit is pointless as none of the rest of the system is heated! 
Anyway three new nozzles ordered and collected from the Ford dealer ( they didn’t have any in stock and would text me later in the day when they would……30 mins later had that text )……. and fitted in about 30 mins…..sorted at £20 a nozzle!

Rant over, thank you:D

1E4EE829-3E54-4AF8-9538-8CE276E9D868.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, acg5324 said:

As a club we are going to build a T track modular layout to replace the existing club layout. This will make it much easier to move and erect as the elderly membership are having problems getting the existing layout up the stairs…..and no….I don’t count myself in that group…..not just yet! I’ve signed up for two 3ft boards. 

I'm not sure the T-Track modules will replace the old Guys Cutting test track, more of a light weight alternative.

What have you got planed for your 6' of modules?

I'm starting small with a single 1ft board, probably with some grass and a few sheep before moving on to something more interesting with a pair of 2 foot boards.

Steven B.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steven B said:

I'm not sure the T-Track modules will replace the old Guys Cutting test track, more of a light weight alternative.

What have you got planed for your 6' of modules?

I'm starting small with a single 1ft board, probably with some grass and a few sheep before moving on to something more interesting with a pair of 2 foot boards.

Steven B.

I’m thinking something industrial, possibly an oil terminal or chemical plant.

• RMweb Premium

Nice spring day, sunny but a bit nippy still. Got some tidying up done in the garden followed by a bit of progress on this. Chimney stacks added and roof panels cut.

3107D478-81F2-4305-946A-C4CF56C3D3E9.jpeg

• Like 8

On 12/02/2022 at 16:10, acg5324 said:

I only brought some more Hunt magnetic couplers, they didn’t have any of the buckeye versions which I really wanted but these will get some stock converted.

97410527-75DE-4347-9925-837645E0C992.jpeg

Same as what I bought at Doncaster. I have been wanting to try them out, so it was good to meet the guys and get some advice. I thought I got a pack of the buckeye type, I will have to check! Have fitted them to my old Farish Poole built class 40s so far. The only item bought was a Mk2a BSO :-)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not much progress this week as I’ve been at work, car passed its MOT but is getting two new front tyres as the tread is close to minimum.

What progress there has been is on the latest row of town houses, end walls fitted and supports for the roof ends added. The last photo is where it lives on the layout. Some gardens to build soon.

B6EC74C9-84FD-4E9A-B729-B034C6AD65DD.jpeg

03376D14-37B2-4C60-BADC-70A2D5BAF47D.jpeg

0F3CA97C-1EF7-4553-A7FB-0CBF366FE3F5.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi Andy,

The model buildings and the varying levels, subtle gradients are really bringing the layout to life. Generally I dislike flat baseboard layouts as they fail to address what is slightly below track level, however, your layout and Dallam are examples where it is not at all detrimental. The (almost) continually changing height of the surrounding land surface makes the model so very interesting to the eye.

Looking great Andy.

Cheers

Duncan

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Duncan for the comments. West London is very flat compared to by previous layout which was the Colorado Rockies, open baseboard construction with rivers, canyons and lots of tunnels. I’ll have to dig some of the photos out.

• RMweb Premium

I had been on the look out for some typical security barriers that I can have outside Olympia for crowd control. I finally found some at 
N Brass Locos that look like they are just the job….and they have some pavement type railings included too.

9359CBD7-9D0C-4722-BDA9-FA07A67F6344.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1