acg5324

• RMweb Premium

As usual not as much done as hoped due to chatting and other distractions at the NGS meeting. My T Trak module has been laser cut and is in the line for assembly.

Got some more work done on part of the Olympia building. Need to check what balustrades I have in stock to do the roof and balcony.

31C6C8BA-1071-4C76-A20D-EA5B7A2694F2.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Slight cock up on the catering front Reggie……I’d misassembled the rear extensions to the Georgian town houses. I managed to cut them off and reposition them which has damaged the printed brickwork. To get round this I’ve double layered the top floors, which will give a bit more relief, and overglued a new lower floor with a fillet of brickwork to hide the gap. The left hand bit is not finished so you can see the window was that are in the wrong place.

108C863E-AD0B-4C1D-A05B-E117DDE48DAC.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Slight cock up on the catering front Reggie……I’d misassembled the rear extensions to the Georgian town houses. I managed to cut them off and reposition them which has damaged the printed brickwork. To get round this I’ve double layered the top floors, which will give a bit more relief, and overglued a new lower floor with a fillet of brickwork to hide the gap. The left hand bit is not finished so you can see the window was that are in the wrong place.

108C863E-AD0B-4C1D-A05B-E117DDE48DAC.jpeg

I blame the gin.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

On the roundtuit list has been respraying the second of my curtainsided ferry vans. It’s been more than warm enough today to do that. I even got the decals fixed and the wagons very lightly weathered too.

The LH one has been finished a while the RH one has been completed today. Both are Fleischmann vehicles with decals from Precision labels.

88988B8B-99FE-45D4-9BE4-0EF0952B3ECF.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Another nice day so garden tidying up got first call, followed by a bit of work on a class 47 that will become 47480 Robin Hood. One of my favourite 47s as I was at the naming ceremony. Boiler port etc plated over, ETH jumper yet to be added. Next class 47 to get a makeover will be on what’ll  become 47555 Commonwealth Spirit……if I can find the plates!

DDF6267E-464B-4B7E-AEC3-F3FD62491094.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
On 19/03/2022 at 15:40, acg5324 said:

On the roundtuit list has been respraying the second of my curtainsided ferry vans. It’s been more than warm enough today to do that. I even got the decals fixed and the wagons very lightly weathered too.

The LH one has been finished a while the RH one has been completed today. Both are Fleischmann vehicles with decals from Precision labels.

88988B8B-99FE-45D4-9BE4-0EF0952B3ECF.jpeg

Hello Andy,

these are similar to the finish I will be looking for on some of my examples, although with a Tiphook legend on the curtainside, can I ask what undercoat and topcoat combination have you used, please ?

I also want to do 3 in white which might be a little more of a challenge considering the original liveries on the models that I've managed to acquire since asking you about yours.

Regards,

Ian.

C20BDFE2-A8F1-4A42-AC4E-DE895B07A5CC.jpeg

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 03060 said:

Hello Andy,

these are similar to the finish I will be looking for on some of my examples, although with a Tiphook legend on the curtainside, can I ask what undercoat and topcoat combination have you used, please ?

I also want to do 3 in white which might be a little more of a challenge considering the original liveries on the models that I've managed to acquire since asking you about yours.

Regards,

Ian.

There was almost no lettering on the outside of the pair I had. I used a Tamiya spray can to paint the wagon and underframes, no undercoat used.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well it’s nice to see that RMweb is up and running and congratulations to all involved in what must be a massive effort to get everything moved.

Fortunately I’ve done very little to the layout as we have been away on holiday in Northumberland, Amble to be precise. A trip to Barter Books in Alnwick got me a copy of the Amble Branch Line. There is nothing left of the railway which shut in 1969 but you can see where it cut the town in half. Five massive high level coal staithes covered the docks, all gone. This is the view today.

C4CDCB1B-D729-4CCF-AD25-D735D5A079B0.jpeg

12C36882-385D-425E-BE93-4E4ED97679A2.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Yorkshire group NGS meeting tomorrow. So I hope to get some small jobs done. Nameplates arrived this week from Steve at Railtec for 47555 The Commonwealth Spirit and 73101 B.E.A…….not British European Airways but Brighton Evening Argus. Another package was a sheet of etched 2mm screw couplings from Scalelink / Fretcetera. The couplings will be for the front of the locos getting fitted with full pipe work etc.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Yorkshire group NGS meeting tomorrow. So I hope to get some small jobs done. Nameplates arrived this week from Steve at Railtec for 47555 The Commonwealth Spirit and 73101 B.E.A…….not British European Airways but Brighton Evening Argus. Another package was a sheet of etched 2mm screw couplings from Scalelink / Fretcetera. The couplings will be for the front of the locos getting fitted with full pipe work etc.

I’m going to blame getting old(er) the NGS meet is next Saturday but despite having the correct day in my diary I still went! Just as well I pass Sainsburys we had run out of Water Filter Cartridges so got them on the way back. 

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

So a bit of modelling at home while Debbie is visiting her Mum.

47480 a start made on weathering plus crew and buffer beam details added.

8919C2AC-59BE-49E0-809A-4679E3B057A6.jpeg

4EB83759-D722-45DB-9557-382356C9088A.jpeg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

As RMweb has lost so many photos I thought it time to start repopulating it.

Name plates and numbers from Railtec.

C2F04AF0-E8E1-492C-9C81-D3BBB55D5352.jpeg

A couple of new vehicles from RedAndy….Jaguar 420 and Ford Mustang GT……it is Kensington after all.

19FC3106-178A-4628-AC5D-23C7D8CAC9A5.jpeg

2mm etched screw coupling etch from Scale Link.

70B3231B-EEF4-47E3-A4E0-A2B6BCED62C6.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Hello Andy,

I'd be interested to see comparison shots of 47 480 and (when it's finished) 47 555 to see how the printed plates compare with what I presume are etched plates as fitted on 47 480 'Robin Hood.'

I've only ever used etched plates to date but wouldn't rule out Railtec's offerings in the future.

Regards,

Ian.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, 03060 said:

Hello Andy,

I'd be interested to see comparison shots of 47 480 and (when it's finished) 47 555 to see how the printed plates compare with what I presume are etched plates as fitted on 47 480 'Robin Hood.'

I've only ever used etched plates to date but wouldn't rule out Railtec's offerings in the future.

Regards,

Ian.

Ian, Robin Hood also has Railtec 3D plates.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Ian, Robin Hood also has Railtec 3D plates.

Thanks Andy,

That satisfies my curiosity then as the 'Robin Hood' plates look excellent on your loco.

Kind regards,

Ian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just made a start on the buffer beam detail on 47555 to find the donor loco has a different buffer beam to the previous one. There is even a hook on the buffer beam which the other one didn’t have.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Off to Heworth today for the Yorkshire NGS meeting, non NGS members always welcome…….at least this is the right day unlike last weeks senior moment!

I’ve some buildings to work on, surprise, surprise……and the three class 47s I’m detailing. 

I took 47480 into work Thursday to test on DC to find it had the dreaded click click of what is probably a split gear, so I’ll take a look at that today. I’ve several class 47s that can donate a part.

Have an enjoyable weekend everyone.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Who forgot to take any glue with them today…….found that out when I went to glue a screw coupling into a class 73…….and I’d not brought any Mek Pak with me either……….still got some weathering done, 47555 is finished plus I got 4 Sleeping cars weathered.

3EC7A2D6-967B-4EB7-A34A-46C489D53473.jpeg

41A8D852-87A7-4520-BC25-5AF3C1E6CFAA.jpeg

CEBB7270-4E41-41E4-979A-B6222A794717.jpeg

0DEC228B-55BA-4169-AE3A-480FAC3D28CB.jpeg

The Mk1s just need the door areas picking out now and Hunt magnetic couplers fitting.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 6