Aylestone Depot

shanks522

This has to be one of the best, if not the best, layout that I've seen!!!

Very kind of you Tom, glad you enjoy it.

More impressive stuff Graham :senile:

Ive subbed to your youtube too..

thanks neil.

Hi Neil,

Thank you, I have subbed your channel too, did you get the link for the camtruck?

Great pictures

David

Thank you David.

From viewing your video it's a real spiders web of tracks, I'm amazed you can keep track of what's going on and where it's destined for  :locomotive:

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the comments, it was your thread that set off my pictorial story.  

I don't always keep track of things, every now and the and express ends up in the depot!

Great video

Like the signal box. Reminds me of Rainham in Kent

Cheers ess1uk, the box is a modelzone product, quite pleased with it, reminded me of rochester which was demolished not to long ago.

Thank you all for the likes/comments etc.

Graham.

Edited by shanks522
  • Like 1

Hi Graham,

I've just had a great hour or so catching up with your thread and am really impressed. How do you keep your work areas so clean and un- cluttered?!!!

Your work is inspirational, and your attention to detail is very good.

Particularly Archie the cat he looks very lifelike!

Ill be watching for more developments.

Cheers

Trev :)

• Like 2

Hi Graham,

I've just had a great hour or so catching up with your thread and am really impressed. How do you keep your work areas so clean and un- cluttered?!!!

Your work is inspirational, and your attention to detail is very good.

Particularly Archie the cat he looks very lifelike!

Ill be watching for more developments.

Cheers

Trev :)

Hi Trev,

Thank you for your kind words.

Keeping the work areas clean? fooling the eye is more like it, I have a clean up every few weeks but nine times out of ten it resembles a building site!

cheers

Graham.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Graham, have to say your layout is brilliant,

- I am now thinking of fitting a mini camera and a small monitor to view my 4 track hidden fiddle yard, any chance of a few details re the size and make of camera(s) and

monitor and how are they connected? is it a hard-wired system, or are they ip cameras - as I will need one that has I/red (works in the dark) and will also have to consider the

total cost, whilst trying to find the simplest solution.

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve).

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

To be honest i can't give you any specifics on the camera's as i can't get to them that easily, however this is the sort of thing i bought on Ebay.

post-6774-0-57549200-1470327424_thumb.png

The monitor looks identical to the one i'm using now, Its designed to fit in a car so i think it's about a 7 inch screen, The camera's i'm using must be similar to these but mine don't have Infra red.

I'm currently building a layout for my dad which has nine roads hidden beneath the main station, for his i bought a fairly cheap webcam which is connected to his pc, seems to work quite well, the benefit with this is that the only connection needed is the USB cable, the cameras's above obviously need a 12 volt source.

hope this helps.

regards

Graham.

Hello all,

I've been quite taken by a few threads on RMWeb that show pictorial story's, i enjoy them so thought i'd do a little one of my own.

Sunday evening shift, no one in the mess room so i head over to the box for a cuppa with the bobby.

On my way over i start up my engine for tonights shunt, 73102.

attachicon.gif73 ready for shunting.jpg

Whilsts she's ticking over i head across the to the box for a cup of tea, bobby tells me that the train is arriving soon so need to get back to my engine, no tea!

I can hear the 33 in the distance but also a unit, the Aylestone North EPB comes to a stand at the signal.

attachicon.gifBlue and grey EPB.jpg

As quick as i walk to number 2 end of the 73, 33205 comes clattering across the pointwork into the yard.

attachicon.gif33205 entering the yard.jpg

once she's come to a stand i bring the ED onto the back to release the crompton.

attachicon.gif73102 backing onto the train.jpg

The EPB has been given the road so crawls into platform 1.

attachicon.gifEPB enters the station.jpg

The headshunt isn't long enough so we need access to the main line for the shunt, once the dummy's off we draw forward.

attachicon.gif73 pulls train to the main.jpg

With the train now propelled into number 2 road the 33 comes back into the headshunt.

attachicon.gif33 released .jpg

After uncoupling the crane we draw forward onto the main line.

attachicon.gif73 putting wagons into number 3 road.jpg

Then propel back into number 3 road so the wagons can be unloaded tomorrow.

attachicon.gifwagons uncoupled on 3 road.jpg

With the wagons secured we draw forward and couple up to 33205 then both loco's reverse and couple to the crane.

attachicon.gif33 and 73 ready to go.jpg

33205 and 73102 depart for Hither green with the crane, i'm off to the mess for a well earned cup o tea!

attachicon.gif33 and 73 off to london.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

great photo story well done liked.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Neil,

No not at the moment, I've been devoting time to the latest N gauge project, I've got a few items on the bench,  a rake of ARC hoppers and also a Mainline 31 which i'll update when there's something worth showing. 

cheers

Graham.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I've been busy doing the bi annual clear up of the railway room which swallowed up most of the day, once all was tidy i thought i'd run a few trains until Mr Archie decided to plonk himself against  a signal!

Nothing else got done other than running sound fitted loco's past him with the horns sounding trying to wake him up! 

post-6774-0-56797700-1473538481_thumb.jpg

More useful progress soon.

Graham.

• Like 10

Hello all,

Little progress on some pullmans today, resprayed roofs and some new names. 

heres the link to the workbench thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/93463-grahams-4mm-workbench/page-2

Also been playing round with the camera and made a little video of the VSOE using sound from one of my other videos.

cheers

Graham.

• Like 7

Hello all,

Had a day off so spent a few hours videoing the layout with my camtruck, the video is a little long but travels pretty much all the layout.

cheers

Graham.

Have to say this is about the only time where I have heard on-board sound used in a loco and it actually fits the visual. i.e. that you are the engine driver and sat in the cab. Almost get a touch of reverb going through all the tunnels........ Ha Ha!

• Like 1

This is really starting to come together now Graham and I like the pictures you are painting, especially with all that third rail...

In the first photo, I particularly like the footpath, it's nicely 'settled' into the surrounding ballast/ground  -  rather than sitting on top of it  - if you know what I mean :)

Edited by Southernboy
  • Like 1

This is really starting to come together now Graham and I like the pictures you are painting, especially with all that third rail...

In the first photo, I particularly like the footpath, it's nicely 'settled' into the surrounding ballast/ground  -  rather than sitting on top of it  - if you know what I mean :)

Cheers Mark,

It's starting to come together, my next hurdle is going to be the station building.

Graham.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Unfortunately i've had no time for my layouts over the last couple of months, work is absolutely manic but hopefully it'll ease off soon.

A nice little surprise arrived on Sunday, birthday time and my parents very kindly bought me a USA tank.

I really do like chunky shunting engines and she's a beauty, well done to Bachmann and Model Rail!

Now i know this is no good for Aylestone but i've got a small dockside layout in the planning stages and i think it'l fit in perfectly, In the  meantime she'l have to reside in the display cabinet. 

post-6774-0-86536400-1480509819_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-60529700-1480509824_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham

• Like 10