Aylestone Depot

shanks522

Evening all, 

Little bit of maintenance on some hidden trackwork tonight.

Photo of the confusion behind the hidden panels.

post-6774-0-66489200-1442355708_thumb.jpg

I've been buying a few ready to plonk buildings to create part of the town scene.

post-6774-0-23507100-1442355678_thumb.jpg

And finally a strange visitor to the Aylestone North branch.

post-6774-0-52867200-1442355660_thumb.jpg

cheers

Graham.

• Like 9

Hello all,

A day off! 

Once the usual domestic jobs were out the way i had a good few hours to do some work on the layout, all of which has been taken up constructing the tunnel mouths to the west of the station.

I started off with some rough templates as a guide then knocked up a mock version in cardboard before getting the scalpel out and attacking the plasticard, I'm fairly pleased how its come out and hopefully i'll get on with painting and weathering in the next few weeks.

Cardboard template in position whilst i tested the clearances.

post-6774-0-99482100-1442770972_thumb.jpg

Once happy i built the final version in plasticard, plenty of filling and fine tuning to do before painting. 

post-6774-0-26240300-1442771000_thumb.jpg

More testing.

post-6774-0-42402400-1442770938_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

• Like 7

Nice work Graham, the tunnel mouth is a cracking job. Everything is coming together really well, you must be pleased !

Marcus 

Hi Marcus, 

You know what i am quite pleased with the tunnel, Its a job i've been putting off for a while and i just decided to get on with it, now its done i can crack on with some scenery.

cheers

Graham.

• Like 2

Hello all,

Did some more work on the tunnel area over the weekend, Third rail fitted and then ballasted the mainline inside the tunnel and all of the branch line towards the station, just needs weathering now.

Branch done with fresh ballast.

post-6774-0-61555100-1443555868_thumb.jpg

Also added chicken wire to create the hillside and then this evening layed papier mache all over it, Static grass is on order so greenery not to far away.

post-6774-0-09558200-1443555814_thumb.jpg

cheers

Graham.

Edited by shanks522
  • Like 9

coming along nicely now!

Your doing at blistering pace as well!

Thanks WCML100, I've not done much for months so its about time a speeded up a little.

Looks really good Graham, the tunnels look the part!

Jez

Cheers Jez, I must admit i couldn't be happier with the tunnels, they have come out better than i expected.

Great work there graham its really coming together now keep up with pace and you will have the station in soon :)

Stuart

No station yet, weekend engineering works are needed to fit point motors ( hidden ones ) which is going to take some time.

Thankyou to all who have commented and liked etc

cheers

Graham.

Hello all,

Had a bit of an oops moment on Ebay, I've been trying to thin out some of my stock and after selling quite a bit i stumbled on this.

post-6774-0-09787900-1444502402_thumb.jpg

No good for a 90's layout i know but i do like an 08 and think she looks good in red.

In other news i'm working with the static grass but having mixed results, will post some pics when i'm happier with it.

cheers

Graham.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Not much work on the layout of late but i have been thinking which is always dangerous!

Got a question for any DCC experts.

I've been looking at maybe automating the branch line so it can run with no intervention from yours truly, I'm no DCC expert in fact novice or idiot will suffice so simplicity is the name of the game, I've looked at the Hornby railmaster which i believe has a record function, so in theory i can run a whole sequence, record it and then run it at a touch of a button? Is there an easier or similar option that anyone knows of without to much hassle as it were? 

cheers

Graham.