Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Heljan class 60

steve fay

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see how many 4mm' modern image modellers cave in and buy one of these - I'm sure there must be a lot of enthusiasm for class 60s out there, helped along by the lovely Hornby Model. 

excellent choice of loco Brian - 001 'Steadfast' comes a close second I think :)  overall though, you cant go wrong with any of the original class 60 names :good:

Jon

Will be interesting to see how many 4mm' modern image modellers cave in and buy one of these - I'm sure there must be a lot of enthusiasm for class 60s out there, helped along by the lovely Hornby Model. 

excellent choice of loco Brian - 001 'Steadfast' comes a close second I think :)  overall though, you cant go wrong with any of the original class 60 names :good:

Jon

Hi Jon, I will be one of those 4mm modellers that cave in!......

Thanks for posting the photos Brian, I cannot wait to get my hands on one. Don't have anywhere for it but hey!

Triple grey definitely suited them best in my opinion.
  • Like 1

Very nice Brian. Safe to say I've ordered a triple grey one for starters! 

They'll benefit massively from Shawplan bodyside grilles as the factory ones are recessed. Unless Heljan are going to tweak it of course (understand this is a pre-production model). 

Took the 60 to my friends yesterday to give it a run with an MoD train and take a few pictures of it on the layout. I put it on the track with DCC in use so the lights would come on.

I have a couple of clips of video to sort out next week. 

Packing it all away to take to Modelrail Scotland tomorrow. I will have my Heljan conversion/detailed models to show what can be done with Heljan models.

post-6766-0-89836700-1392813628.jpg

post-6766-0-74585800-1392813630.jpg

post-6766-0-82102400-1392813632.jpg

post-6766-0-23678900-1392813634.jpg

post-6766-0-29117900-1392813627.jpg

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 12