I no longer get email notifications of threads I am watching or PMs

RBE

• RMweb Premium

And they're off again :(

It seems the problem is as intermittent as Southern's trains and the service as up and down as the underwear of those who choose a certain profession ;)

Back to trawling via VNC .....

• RMweb Gold

It has just been listed on the CBL block list again. That's at least twice in the last 24 hours.

See: http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=109.104.118.213

When it is shown as "listed" there, we get no email -- the ISPs block it as possibly infected.

It seems someone has been requesting de-listing without actually fixing the problem. So it is detected and listed again very quickly.

Martin.

It seems someone has been requesting de-listing without actually fixing the problem. So it is detected and listed again very quickly.

I can assure you that isn't the case. Identified issues are quarantined but there is a loophole in a piece of software which is suffering repeated attacks; the only solution seems to be to replace that completely but involves quite a bit of work.

Out of the two pieces of software that have issues one is now disabled and the other under daily review, I found two rogue files in there late last night which were removed so there are improvements and closer inspection is ongoing.

It's a bit exasperating to be honest now; the scans I've been running over the last 48 hours haven't returned anything and manual searching hasn't unearthed any other problems so I sometimes wonder about the validity of CBL's results. Are they genuinely realtime or based on historical triggers?

Archived