Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2013 - 9th and 10th of November

Thomas Wright

2013 Exhibition
to be held on 9th and 10th November 
at Springfields Event Centre, Camelgate, Spalding, PE12 6ET, just off the A16
next to the Outlet Shopping Centre

Opening times:

New for 2013 - 9.30-10 a.m. for disabled and wheelchair visitors only.

Then for general public: Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday 10am - 4.30pm. 

Admission Adults £7.00, OAP's £6.00, Children £3.00, Family ticket 2 adults plus up to 3 children £17.00

Saturday can be very busy, so the best time to view layouts is on Sunday between 10am and 4.30pm

More information about the layouts attending can be found at www.spaldingmodelrailwayclub.org.uk

post-9502-0-50064300-1380886425_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It is just over 2 weeks until the annual Spalding Model Railway Club exhibition, where there is 30+ layouts and a good quality selection of traders at Springfields Exhibition Centre.

Please note that there aren't any train services serving the Spalding Station on the Sunday.

Current layout list (Subject to change and taken from the club website) :- Updated (25/10/2013)

Hills Country - Colchester & District MRC - N gauge
Woodhead - Gary Atkinson - N gauge
Farkham - Mickleover MRC - OO gauge
Victoria Road - Bradford MRC - OO gauge
Brenton Midland - Bingham MRC - OO gauge
Little Histon - Graham Tandy - OO gauge
Springfield Spa - Dr Michael Watts - N Gauge
Hampton End - Dale Gillard - G scale
Essex Belt Lines - Thamesiders MRC - HO scale
St Marnock Engine Shed - Mike Bisset - O Gauge
Kiln Road - Newhaven MRC - OO gauge
Kayreuth - Ian Hogben - N gauge
Kirby Stephen West - Ian MacDonald - OO gauge
Parsons Lumber Company - Mike Moignard - On30 gauge
Armathwaite - Howardc Staniforth - N gauge
Meacham - Leamington MRC - N gauge
Rowlands Castle - Peter Goss - OO gauge
County Gate - Ivan Romodanovsky-Lodyzhensky - OO9 gauge
Daleside Parkway - Brian Chawner - N gauge
Purgatory Peak - Shaun Horrocks - On30 gauge
Kirby Stephen - Keith Robinson - O gauge
Alanbeck Junction - John Burn - OO gauge
Bramble Bottom - Bev Rawlings - OO gauge
Ditchford Treacle Mine - Bruce Farr - O-9 gauge
Llwydd Town - George Woodcock - OO gauge

St Stephens Road - Mike Wild (Hornby Magazine) - OO gauge
Roxby Town - Geoff Buttler - N gauge
Peakdale - Lincoln MRC - N gauge
Bristand - Graham Smith - N gauge
Wellmich-am-Rhein - Brian Silby - N gauge

Billingborough - Graham Morfoot - OO gauge

Hope to see you all there.

Unfortunately Menasha won't be at Spalding this year. There wasn't room for us so we've had to drop out at short notice. We should be there in 2014 instead.

If you want to see a bit of Wisconsin Central action http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/34509-menasha-wi/

we'll be at the NMRA British Region convention in Solihull this weekend http://www.nmraconvention.org.uk/ and Canterbury in January http://www.ccmrs.ic24.net/Page_4.html

• RMweb Premium

I am hoping to be there so watch out for a colourful drake waddling about. Ashamed to say I've never been to Spalding or this popular show.

Am meeting another webber ABW but would be pleased if any others 'reveal' themselves (discreetly of course). Perhaps a meet up time of Noon at the Hornby Info Desk just to say hello and then be on our way to whatever?

Quack.

• RMweb Premium

I am hoping to be there so watch out for a colourful drake waddling about. Ashamed to say I've never been to Spalding or this popular show.

Am meeting another webber ABW but would be pleased if any others 'reveal' themselves (discreetly of course). Perhaps a meet up time of Noon at the Hornby Info Desk just to say hello and then be on our way to whatever?

Quack.

Saturday or Sunday?

The Q

Hello

A  little note, hopefully correct this time, to say that Georgemas Jct will not be appearing at Spalding this year but will be there in 2014. I shall , instead be appearing with Llwydd Town as part of it's farewell tour. I'm sure no-one will notice the difference. One piece of old tat is much like another. See you in two weeks time.

Cheers

George 

This will almost certainly be the last opportunity to see County Gate in Europe. It has much evolved BTW

Which is the reason I agreed to assist, if only to say I ran the last train :scratchhead: Do I get training or just wing it as always :danced:

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

As usual I shall be at the show behind one of Mike Wild's Hornby Magazine layouts, this year it's St Stephen's Road, I shall be the one operating the Southern Region half rather that that of the other railway!

Less than a week to go now, until 30+ layouts, 25 traders, 3 demonstations and 2 societies descend on Springfields.

The demonstations include:

Roy Hickman
A regular demonstrator at our show.
Buildings and scenery guru.

Howard Leader
making more buildings for
the club's Gosberton layout.

Paul Chetter
DCC sound demonstration.

Along with stands with the following societies:

O Gauge Guild

M&GN Society

There is of course, a large amount of free parking at the events centre, which itself is well sign posted through AA signage for the show in the local area.

Hope to see you all there.

This will almost certainly be the last opportunity to see County Gate in Europe. It has much evolved BTW

Since my last frivolous reply to this post. I have been summoned to learn "County Gate" at it's base two days early for an indoctrination course.

Such is the owners commitment to his last show in the UK being one of his best presentations yet. When he says "it has much evolved" even I (who almost ran it at "Warley") did not until today realise how much. 

Best wishes to all exhibiting. and good running.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

As usual I shall be at the show behind one of Mike Wild's Hornby Magazine layouts, this year it's St Stephen's Road, I shall be the one operating the Southern Region half rather that that of the other railway!

Ah, a proper bit of railway at last................................

Had hoped to do both days, but no2 grandson has a rugby match tomorrow so lineside encouragement is called for!   Be there Sunday though!

I might suggest that due to the torrential rain we've here had anyone going by car might be better parking in the Springfield car park (which only costs £2.00 all day) rather than in the free car park alongside the hall which looked a pretty soggy field when I saw it today!

The catering is usually pretty decent and vary's both day's menu wise, there is usually a good choice and is done by a professional team and is usual pretty decent in quality.

Parking wise, there is plenty of free parking not too far off hard standing the way we have it set out and there is a car parking team to help guide you to a space.

Paint wise, i believe paint is sold on both the Shawplan stand and Squires, possibly on other stands too, however i'm not sure about them stocking Precision Paints, if i get a chance and remember I will have a look for you.

Had a good day at the Spalding MRC Exhibition. Got some tools from Squires.  New Xuron's (no they don't cut piano wire well do they............. :no2:  ) plus a neat small palm pin vice and a 'T' hammer with 6 interchangeable heads, Nylon, Brass and Steel, flat, wedge and ball-pein.  Didn't need it of course, but I couldn't resist it!

Worth going just to see 'County Gate', a lovely take on the Lynton and Barnstaple which really is a 'railway in a landscape' and not just track plonked down with a few houses scattered about.  Operated well too, there were a few too many Hand of the Almighty nudges on several of the other layouts! 

Also really too much 'N' gauge there for me, (about 11 out of 30 layouts) but each to his own.  Some beautiful stock on the 'O' gauge Kirkby Stephen layout, but the FY operators at each end seemed intent on crashing and bashing them about in order to keep things running to schedule.  I wouldn't have been happy if it had been my stock!  :nono:

Got the new Gordon Gravett (of Pempoul fame) landscaping book, and a much updated book on the NLR by Dennis Lovett (yes, that Bachmann chappie!)  You never know there might just be an NLR 0-6-0T from the NRM series coming (eventually)............................ :locomotive:

Could anyone who is going on Saturday do me a  favour  and let me know if any traders are selling "Precision Paints" please as I wish to purchase several for a new project I am about to start.

Kind Regards, Derek.

[/

quote]

Yes Derek,Shawplan have definitely got plenty Precision Paints at Spalding.Squires may have,but not sure.

I enjoyed the show today;a little crowded early on but,like Adams442 I could'nt resist a few treats off Squires extensive stall. The parking was ok too.Not dry of course but I've certainly seen it a lot worse.

Kind regards,Roy.

Archived