Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001 Macclesfield Show 20th&21st April 2024

87023Velocity

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for that! Yes definately worth modifying the pans and glad Cav highlighted it. Not sure how long they will last on the exhibition circuit, may look if possible to replace the arms with brass section.

May look at getting a 91 and a short Mk4 rake, one did run up the WCML on a demonstration run in Intercity days or did I imagine that?

Edit, just found it 1993

https://www.flickr.com/photos/neil_harvey_railway_photos/6208464965/in/photolist-s7WeRm-asC1kp-rmNpYV-pcJTiG-QVQfSG-pvk79q-qsF6oy-jcXewp-qCZc8v-pvHDXy-dgbGW7-mGsCW7-rnvscj-SdmmN6-aTpZwg-qbUNE9-Sw4mxE-q7rSF7-p214i5-CjbaqT-arBWmk-5t2D5t-q9F4Cf-SdmQ2e-SQHoHN

Cheers

Simon

I think there were a few promotional runs as I’m sure I’ve seen a photo of 91003 standing at Euston.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Cracking work Simon. I too like the idea of adjusting the pantograph. Something that I may have a butchers at on my ac loco's. I never knew either about the 91's running on the WCML for a while. Saying that I did see somewhere a eurostar set working too on the WCML.

Keep the updates coming fella

Great video's Simon. I always enjoy the dallam updates.

The class 90 is starting to look great, I am sure that will be a hit at your.next show.

The shorter couplings on the mk3 rakes make a big difference, those full rakes look brilliant in the video. How tight is your tightest curve into the fiddle yard? I had a go with something similar and had no derailments on the curves, but occasionally when the rakes being pulled I get an uncoupling. Is that something you have also had?

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Dave

Cracking work Simon. I too like the idea of adjusting the pantograph. Something that I may have a butchers at on my ac loco's. I never knew either about the 91's running on the WCML for a while. Saying that I did see somewhere a eurostar set working too on the WCML.

Keep the updates coming fella

Thanks Porkie,much appreciated, yes a Eurostar was run up the WCML and also based at the Manchester Eurostar depot (opposite Longsight depot) for a while for staff training. They also ran it through the wash road at Longsight depot for clearance testing.

Superb as always Simon

I know the bridge has been up a while now but the detail from that angle is so good. Something to aspire to.

Can see why Dallam attracts comments such as those at  #1022.

Regards - Steve

Thanks for those comments Steve, much appreciated! There is some trunking which runs along the face of the bridge, should be able to knock it up from Evergreen and hopefully have it in place for Stafford.

Great video's Simon. I always enjoy the dallam updates.

The class 90 is starting to look great, I am sure that will be a hit at your.next show.

The shorter couplings on the mk3 rakes make a big difference, those full rakes look brilliant in the video. How tight is your tightest curve into the fiddle yard? I had a go with something similar and had no derailments on the curves, but occasionally when the rakes being pulled I get an uncoupling. Is that something you have also had?

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the comments David,much appreciated, I have had the pushpull mk3's uncouple once or twice with the Rapido couplers. The tightest curve is 10.5 inches but this is the track feeding the sidings. The tightest radius for the fast lines are probabably around 12-13".

Cheers

Some more stock work tonight, the 2 EWS class 66's have had the Railtec numbers applied so now have 66123 and 66226. The transfers may need a little more Microsol applying but will check tomorrow evening. The area around the number looks a little glossy from the Johnsons Klear but hopefully a coat of satin varnish will even things out followed by some suitable weathering. The 60 in the background will become 60018, might progress that tomorrow evening or maybe Friday evening.

post-6834-0-21833000-1515622586_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Simon

• Like 10

Some more stock work tonight, the 2 EWS class 66's have had the Railtec numbers applied so now have 66123 and 66226. The transfers may need a little more Microsol applying but will check tomorrow evening. The area around the number looks a little glossy from the Johnsons Klear but hopefully a coat of satin varnish will even things out followed by some suitable weathering. The 60 in the background will become 60018, might progress that tomorrow evening or maybe Friday evening.

attachicon.gif2018-01-10 22.09.51.jpg

Cheers

Simon

Looks good mate. What will you be using the 66’s to haul?

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

5759128415_38e63d74c6_b.jpgClass31_31171_Dallam_14_May_1991 by DMC1947, on Flickr

Must not look at photos of Dallam on Flickr from 1991.......hmmm........ :sungum: :nono: :jester:

Farish will be releasing a 31/1 refurb in this livery in shall we say the future . .. lol

Probably worth waiting for because of the body / chassis mods to incorporate a DCC speaker.

Edited by richierich